Vidal

de niro said:
fit or not i'd take pogba over him all day long.

It really depends what your team need, they're wery different players.

Pogba's potential is unreal so I'd take him too over Vidal who's 27yo, but to me Arturo he's still the better player right now, he impacts the game vastly more, even if he's not as gifted.

Vidal's work-rate is inhuman and his motor unprecedented, he's literally everywhere on the pitch, defensive wise he may be as good as Gattuso in his prime, besides that he scores tons of goal, although he shots penalties too, which may inflate the number a bit. He's very aggressive driver and great reader, he knows when and how to take advantage of the defenders' deficiencies, very smart.

He's a CM who can play as a CB and AM, he's the definition of box to box.

Pogba is another story, while Vidal is a warrior he's pure class, very elegant player.

He is unique, I've always found fascinating the combination of height, phisicality and technique, just like Bale or Ronaldo. From a brevilineal player that's something you would usually expect, but from a 191cm player is rare.

Powerful and accurate shot, great vision and awarness of his teammates, more of a playmker compared to Vidal, better dribbling with a wider selection of trick moves in his toolbox . They are both great passer, but Pogba is more creative and unpredictable in his passing lines, very effective last toucher.

He's natural in everything he does, he's born for this, he's effortless.

I can't choose between the two, I won't choose since they're not joining my team any time soon, all I would say is that Vidal is a difference-maker, just with his presence he raises the team intensity up by a notch, he's infectious, which is something I can't say regarding Pogba, not yet at least.

sgerlat said:
de niro said:

Pogba's potential is unreal so I'd take him too over Vidal who's 27yo, but to me Arturo he's still the better player right now, he impacts the game vastly more, even if he's not as gifted.

Vidal's work-rate is inhuman and his motor unprecedented, he's literally everywhere on the pitch, defensive wise he may be as good as Gattuso in his prime, besides that he scores tons of goal, although he shots penalties too, which may inflate the number a bit. He's very aggressive driver and great reader, he knows when and how to take advantage of the defenders' deficiencies, very smart.

Pogba is another story, while Vidal is a warrior he's pure class, very elegant player.

He is unique, I've always found fascinating the combination of height, phisicality and technique, just like Bale or Ronaldo. From a brevilineal player that's something you would usually expect, but from a 191cm player is rare.

Powerful and accurate shot, great vision and awarness of his teammates, more of a playmker compared to Vidal, better dribbling with a wider selection of trick moves in his toolbox . They are both great passer, but Pogba is more creative and unpredictable in his passing lines, very effective last toucher.

I can't choose between the two, I won't choose since they're not joining my team any time soon, all I would say is that Vidal is a difference-maker, just with his presence he raises the team intensity up by a notch, he's infectious, which is something I can't say regarding Pogba, not yet at least.

sounds like Pogba is more like Yaya than Vidal. And thats the position we might have to strengthen/replace in the near future

bluechampion7891 said:
sgerlat said:
de niro said:

sounds like Pogba is more like Yaya than Vidal. And thats the position we might have to strengthen/replace in the near future

Definitely, but I still believe Vidal would be more decisive when it comes to winning games. Also the fee would be much lower, expect for Pogba a pricetag of €80m, a lot even for City.

Anyway for the kind of lineup City have I would take Koke over Reus to replace Nasri on the left side, he's more versatile, he really gives you another dimension. Yaya and Fernandinho need help in the middle, they're just 2 they could "easily" be overthrown by dynamic opponents, to control the game they may not be enough against top club. Koke can play closer to them than Reus, consequently contribute to the bulding-up vastly more and be, in addition, a major defensive presence, he's perfect.

You may lose bit of offensive power but the team will benefit from that equilibrium wise, which is something City somehow lack.

Reus-Silva-Aguero-Djeko I don't think is sustainable with just 2 midfielders, not always at least. You may win 4-0 or lose badly.

sgerlat said:
bluechampion7891 said:
sgerlat said:

Definitely, but I still believe Vidal would be more decisive when it comes to winning games. Also the fee would be much lower, expect for Pogba a pricetag of €80m, a lot even for City.

Anyway for the kind of lineup City have I would take Koke over Reus to replace Nasri on the left side, he's more versatile, he really gives you another dimension. Yaya and Fernandinho need help in the middle, they're just 2 they could "easily" be overthrown by dynamic opponents, to control the game they may not be enough against top club. Koke can play closer to them than Reus, consequently contribute to the bulding-up vastly more and be, in addition, a major defensive presence, he's perfect.

You may lose bit of offensive power but the team will benefit from that equilibrium wise, which is something City somehow lack.

Reus-Silva-Aguero-Djeko I don't think is sustainable with just 2 midfielders, not always at least. You may win 4-0 or lose badly.
You mean someone like that Fernando who played at Porto?

;)

ColinLee said:
sgerlat said:
bluechampion7891 said:

;)

Fernando would be great if he was playing with both of them in a 3 men midfield with defensive tasks only, he lacks playmaking skills, he's very limited in 4-4-2 lineup. we've seen that against Stoke. If anyone were to guard Yaya closely the ball will stop moving and the maneuvre will depend solely on Silva. That's why I think Koke would be perfect, he can play as a CM or wide open as a winger.

I also think Fernando is overrated, he's just ok, players like Gabi fly under the radar even though they're much more consistent.

A 4-3-1-2 would be nice, SIlva would play is natural role and Yaya would be free to go up and down without having to concern to much about defence, Kolarov would be much more confortable as well, furthermore your strikers are mobile enough to play a wider role which will allow Silva and the other midfielders to drive and score more.

My 2 cents.

sgerlat said:
ColinLee said:
sgerlat said:

;)

Fernando would be great if he was playing with both of them in a 3 men midfield with defensive tasks only, he lacks playmaking skills, he's very limited in 4-4-2 lineup. we've seen that against Stoke. If anyone were to guard Yaya closely the ball will stop moving and the maneuvre will depend solely on Silva. That's why I think Koke would be perfect, he can play as a CM or wide open as a winger.

I also think Fernando is overrated, he's just ok, players like Gabi fly under the radar even though they're much more consistent.

A 4-3-1-2 would be nice, SIlva would play is natural role and Yaya would be free to go up and down without having to concern to much about defence, Kolarov would be much more confortable as well, furthermore your strikers are mobile enough to play a wider role which will allow Silva and the other midfielders to drive and score more.

My 2 cents.

Is this the same fernando that came off at about 30 minutes? He's been brilliant in his first two games for us.

Manchester_lalala said:
sgerlat said:
ColinLee said:

;)

My 2 cents.

Is this the same fernando that came off at about 30 minutes? He's been brilliant in his first two games for us.

People expect City to be playing like gods every time, i'm with you on this, not Fernandos fault that Stoke had 11 players in the box.

bluechampion7891 said:
evidentlychickentown said:
Reports coming out that Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal has suffered another knee injury and will miss friendly vs. Mexico on Sat.

New injury

According to the report, Vidal broke down during a routine training session whilst on international duty with Chile. He is currently in Miami where Chile face Mexico and Haiti but is set to undergo tests before returning to Italy.

There are suggestions that Vidal may have to go under the knife once again in an attempt to alleviate the problem. Such a procedure is likely to keep Vidal out for a significant amount of time.

The news will be a bitter blow for Juventus manager Massimo Allegri, who is also trying to cope without the injured Andrea Pirlo. The veteran playmaker is not due to return from injury until early October.

interesting, if true then the rags did indeed have inside formation.

It's a thigh problem,apparently......out for a month.

SPIDERBOY said:
bluechampion7891 said:
evidentlychickentown said:
Reports coming out that Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal has suffered another knee injury and will miss friendly vs. Mexico on Sat.

New injury

According to the report, Vidal broke down during a routine training session whilst on international duty with Chile. He is currently in Miami where Chile face Mexico and Haiti but is set to undergo tests before returning to Italy.

There are suggestions that Vidal may have to go under the knife once again in an attempt to alleviate the problem. Such a procedure is likely to keep Vidal out for a significant amount of time.

The news will be a bitter blow for Juventus manager Massimo Allegri, who is also trying to cope without the injured Andrea Pirlo. The veteran playmaker is not due to return from injury until early October.

interesting, if true then the rags did indeed have inside formation.

It's a thigh problem,apparently......out for a month.

So nothing to do with his knee then.

bluechampion7891 said:
sgerlat said:
de niro said:

he is, i'd take him all day over vidal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.