Video editing

just to clarify. My interest in video editing is purely professional. Thanks.

Hi! I'm a TV and film video editor, and I think you should look at Davinci resolve.
Its brilliant and completely free! May be overkill for what you need but doesn't matter if its free and if you get into editing then its very powerful too. Free tutorial videos on how to use it on their website, plus loads of people post videos about it on YouTube if you are stuck.

Hi! I'm a TV and film video editor, and I think you should look at Davinci resolve.
Its brilliant and completely free! May be overkill for what you need but doesn't matter if its free and if you get into editing then its very powerful too. Free tutorial videos on how to use it on their website, plus loads of people post videos about it on YouTube if you are stuck.

thanks mate. Currently waiting looking out the window for my laptop to arrive like a kid on Xmas eve!

only question is (and you’ve sort of alluded to it)... is it going to be very complicated to use from someone with zero experience of this kind of thing?

the sort of videos I’m planning are me stood up in the kitchen filmed on my iPhone giving some advice / updates etc? I’ve done them before in one take but it’s a ball ache so I’d like to be able to slice out the bits where I stutter etc.

Any other advice would be greatly

thanks mate. Currently waiting looking out the window for my laptop to arrive like a kid on Xmas eve!

only question is (and you’ve sort of alluded to it)... is it going to be very complicated to use from someone with zero experience of this kind of thing?

the sort of videos I’m planning are me stood up in the kitchen filmed on my iPhone giving some advice / updates etc? I’ve done them before in one take but it’s a ball ache so I’d like to be able to slice out the bits where I stutter etc.

Any other advice would be greatly
Non specific to the video part but I would 100% start off with freebies and develop your skills from there. Don't get frustrated either. I have limited experience of photo editing and have found that a really small (but not to me) issue can become a log jam so be patient. Are your videos going to be for public consumption? If so maybe put a link up.

Non specific to the video part but I would 100% start off with freebies and develop your skills from there. Don't get frustrated either. I have limited experience of photo editing and have found that a really small (but not to me) issue can become a log jam so be patient. Are your videos going to be for public consumption? If so maybe put a link up.

Yes they’ll be on my LinkedIn and probably my Instagram too - happy to share both.

Good morning. I’ve got a new laptop arriving today and I want to start editing some short videos. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I don’t need anything fancy, just the ability to “cut” parts where I mess up etc and maybe add some titles / logos etc.

I’m not very good at stuff like this, is there a (preferably) free tool that anyone could recommend or maybe there’s something that comes built in with Windows 10?

Thanks.
Was it you who started that sextorsion thread?

I edit for a living also. Mostly AVID but the past few years I've been using Resolve as well. I think for what @brooklandsblue2.0 needs though it's waaayyy overkill and a steep learning curve. Definitely a huge step-up in all aspects from the other freebie editors mentioned...but I would stick to those for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.