Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

If and when TMOs are introduced to domestic leagues, I would like to see the TMOs come from other leagues around Europe, and possibly the world.

I.e., German, French, Spanish, maybe even Brazilian or Argentinian officials working in England, and English ones traveling to other countries to officiate.

This would help to eliminate any bias towards media darlings, though I doubt it would eradicate it completely.
Would be brilliant. Absolutely no chance of it happening though I would think.

A lot of my rugby friends say video replay has been great and the NBA has benefited from video replay and it's a fast paced game...

Sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but who decided that the two offsides should be looked at last night, the on field ref, the video ref or did they just check automatically as a goal had been scored?
It wasn't clear but it looked like it was done automatic to me,that's the best way i think,goals,pens and red cards would be my preference and not managers having a set amount of calls as what happens if something happens after they have used all their calls

It wasn't clear but it looked like it was done automatic to me,that's the best way i think,goals,pens and red cards would be my preference and not managers having a set amount of calls as what happens if something happens after they have used all their calls
everything should be checked automatically when a goal is scored but for a pen decision someone is still going to have to make a decision whether it gets reviewed. I might be wrong because I've not watched it back on tv but it never even seemed to cross Oliver's mind that Sterling had been fouled by Milner so would he have referred it? Or is it going to be automatically reviewed every time someone hits the floor in the box? It has to come in but I'm still not sure how they can best implement it and I really think the teams themselves need to have some say in it. For example if a player is adamant he's been fouled but the ref has seen nothing at all it would be crazy if that isn't reviewed. I think teams having challenges needs to be considered although I realise that isn't perfect either.

That's what they said before the game.

Pens, Reds and goals. TMO checking everything in real time.

everything should be checked automatically when a goal is scored but for a pen decision someone is still going to have to make a decision whether it gets reviewed. I might be wrong because I've not watched it back on tv but it never even seemed to cross Oliver's mind that Sterling had been fouled by Milner so would he have referred it? Or is it going to be automatically reviewed every time someone hits the floor in the box? It has to come in but I'm still not sure how they can best implement it and I really think the teams themselves need to have some say in it. For example if a player is adamant he's been fouled but the ref has seen nothing at all it would be crazy if that isn't reviewed. I think teams having challenges needs to be considered although I realise that isn't perfect either.
There won't be a perfect solution to it,automatic would have got jimmy a red card and us a pen,oliver is a reknown bottler so it needs to be taken out of his hands,the refs can't be the ones who control which ones to refer as we might as well not do it then as bias will always win

Or is it going to be automatically reviewed every time someone hits the floor in the box? It has to come in but I'm still not sure how they can best implement it and I really think the teams themselves need to have some say in it. For example if a player is adamant he's been fouled but the ref has seen nothing at all it would be crazy if that isn't reviewed.
In the club World Cup in December everything was automatically reviewed.

What I think you will see at first is a fuck load of penalties each game until the defenders realise they can no longer grab attackers. Basically like Mike Dean decided to enact on his own for one game only this season (although Sky lied and said new rules were in place to explain it. Something that was subsequently found out to be bollocks).

But once defenders learn to defend within the laws of the game then five or six pens per game will soon stop.

The main problem for me is when things are incorrectly called offside. What do you do? Because play stops when the whistle is blown, so a guy might be incorrectly robbed of a one on one chance, but what can you do about it? You can't give him a one on one chance, what would the review do? I don't see a solution, barring getting rid of linesman altogether and replacing them with video linesman so no instant calls are made at all

The main problem for me is when things are incorrectly called offside. What do you do? Because play stops when the whistle is blown, so a guy might be incorrectly robbed of a one on one chance, but what can you do about it? You can't give him a one on one chance, what would the review do? I don't see a solution, barring getting rid of linesman altogether and replacing them with video linesman so no instant calls are made at all

The linesman, probably, would be advised not to give tight calls, especially when there is a chance of a goal being scored. Let the game flow and the man in the van can call it back as appropriate

Offside to be policed only by review. If a goal is scored it gets reviewed and if anyone is in an offside position during the build up or scoring it is disallowed. That would be fun!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.