Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

You don't seem to be doing a very good job of that.
Really?

I've already answered your two points but in your usual style, you have simply ignored them and focused on semantics, as is your want.

1) Flow of the game - both decisions combined took less time than 1 (ONE) substitution did.

2) Won't be 100% perfect - that may be true but it's going to be a hell of sight fairer than the current system and will certainly stop incorrect offside flags (or lack of them) from affecting a result.

3) you're simply an old Luddite - and that's fair enough but times keep changing and with the amount of national leagues now signed up for trials (as is the FA Cup next season), it's coming whether we like it or not.

What decisions will be made by t.v replays and what will be still left to the refs/ assistant? If an offside is given before a shot is got away is that it? And pens could disrupt the flow of the game if taken back for every appeal? I think it can work but needs catefully planning and explaining to everybody who will be involved in the game ie the fans too. Also every decision given by video ref needs to be shown in stadium!!!!!

But the beauty of the video ref would be that it would be looked at AGAIN, in slo-mo, and then decided upon, rather than the ref having a quick shufty at the crest on the shirt and matching it with the same colour card, rather than the card that matches the shirt! No cards issued before the video is given - IS THERE ANY REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T SEND OFF THIS RAG BASTARD? Video reffing will become a thing of the utmost wonder! We'll be forever wondering why we haven't had it for twenty years.
The answer, of course, being that he IS a rag bastard, and is therefore exempt from punishment under the Scudamore/Gill/Riley law which states that, in most cases, a yellow card will be the only one shown.

What decisions will be made by t.v replays and what will be still left to the refs/ assistant? If an offside is given before a shot is got away is that it? And pens could disrupt the flow of the game if taken back for every appeal? I think it can work but needs catefully planning and explaining to everybody who will be involved in the game ie the fans too. Also every decision given by video ref needs to be shown in stadium!!!!!

But non of that effects the effectiveness of the video ref, that is a process issue, which I am sure will be ironed out. I imagine the directive would be to give nothing, let the play run its reasonable course and the video ref and quickly call it back

2 examples:
1) Sterling pushed by Walker, play carries on(as it did) but is then called back a few seconds later and a penalty and red car is given. Clear as day, no complaints
2) Gabiadini scores in the LC Final. Ball is in the net, linesman flags(wrongly) but video ref clarifies it's a goal

I can't wait for it to be brought in. Then, hopefully, all pre match analysis will be about the game rather than decisions, it will also make post match interviews much more interesting

But non of that effects the effectiveness of the video ref, that is a process issue, which I am sure will be ironed out. I imagine the directive would be to give nothing, let the play run its reasonable course and the video ref and quickly call it back

2 examples:
1) Sterling pushed by Walker, play carries on(as it did) but is then called back a few seconds later and a penalty and red car is given. Clear as day, no complaints
2) Gabiadini scores in the LC Final. Ball is in the net, linesman flags(wrongly) but video ref clarifies it's a goal

I can't wait for it to be brought in. Then, hopefully, all pre match analysis will be about the game rather than decisions, it will also make post match interviews much more interesting

I'm talking more about an offside being given and players stopping or do u think we give away with offsides to the move ends?

I'm talking more about an offside being given and players stopping or do u think we give away with offsides to the move ends?

I don't think the lineman would give offside(unless it was obvious). The game can carry on as it only takes a few seconds for it to be clarified

For me, this is the crux of whether the spectator will trust VAR or not.
Even as things are at the moment, I can see no reason why we cannot hear what is being said when the officials are consulting with each other.
There have been times this year in City games where I have been pretty sure there has been a word in the ear-piece of the ref, which has caused him to give some absolutely unbelievable decision that none of us saw coming. I am convinced we have already had a TMO that we are not being told about, maybe on trial. Certainly in the CL games where we've had bizarre decisions like Aguero being booked for diving, instead of getting a penalty and the Monaco player being sent off.
This was all after a prolonged discussion with the goal line official who apparently made the call. I don't believe it wasn't someone at a monitor in his ear, for a second.

And the only way to combat conspiracy theories like this, is to have transparency. Let's hear the conversations at least, even if there is no admission of a TMO.

This offers no benefit to the red scouse or stretford cash cows so is unlikely to be introduced into the Premier League. God forbid that the other Teams should have a level playing field...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.