Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

Really?

I've already answered your two points but in your usual style, you have simply ignored them and focused on semantics, as is your want.

1) Flow of the game - both decisions combined took less time than 1 (ONE) substitution did.

2) Won't be 100% perfect - that may be true but it's going to be a hell of sight fairer than the current system and will certainly stop incorrect offside flags (or lack of them) from affecting a result.

3) you're simply an old Luddite - and that's fair enough but times keep changing and with the amount of national leagues now signed up for trials (as is the FA Cup next season), it's coming whether we like it or not.
Your description of me as a Luddite is wholly inaccurate, not least because I've posted in this thread about the need for more technology to be brought in where it definitively does not interrupt the flow of the game. That is a somewhat more considered, pragmatic approach than Ned Ludd's acolytes deployed.

Your willingness to assess the merits of this system based on two decisions in a single game is precipitous to say the least. Others may wish to reflect on the potential impact on the game in a more considered fashion.

I accept it should make decision making fairer and have not posted anything to contradict that.

You pontificate about me avoiding the points you have made whilst claiming that you've addressed the points that I have raised - and yet you have conspicuously failed to answer the question I posed to you on the previous page. This amuses me.

There's another round of qualifiers/international break mid summer with quite a few friendlies played, hopefully they can trial it across the board in the friendlies and if it works as well as it did in this game overall start some serious discussions about getting it in to the domestics/European games as soon as possible.

There's another round of qualifiers/international break mid summer with quite a few friendlies played, hopefully they can trial it across the board in the friendlies and if it works as well as it did in this game overall start some serious discussions about getting it in to the domestics/European games as soon as possible.
You mean they wont be adopting it by this weekend based on a couple of decisions in last night's friendly?

Your description of me as a Luddite is wholly inaccurate, not least because I've posted in this thread about the need for more technology to be brought in where it definitively does not interrupt the flow of the game. That is a somewhat more considered, pragmatic approach than Ned Ludd's acolytes deployed.

Your willingness to assess the merits of this system based on two decisions in a single game is precipitous to say the least. Others may wish to reflect on the potential impact on the game in a more considered fashion.

I accept it should make decision making fairer and have not posted anything to contradict that.

You pontificate about me avoiding the points you have made whilst claiming that you've addressed the points that I have raised - and yet you have conspicuously failed to answer the question I posed to you on the previous page. This amuses me.
I think the accuracy of decisions to be more important than just about anything (within reason), especially given the money involved at the top levels and small margins in games.

Do you believe this to be the first trial of video referring? France played a friendly last year where it was used as it was in every game in the Club World Cup last December. Please don't tar me with your ignorance on previous uses of technology, none of which have been a disaster, mate.

And how much flow do you really believe there is in a game of football. You reference the match against Liverpool last week but the ball was still only in play for only 2/3rds of the allotted 90 minutes.

Would you have preferred to have had a 15 second additional pause before a goal kick where we are awarded a penalty and a red card given to Milner or would you prefer the goal kick to be taken by Liverpool posthaste?

As a City fan you must be well aware that we benefit least from the current system when compared to our "big six" rivals. Take the 4-2 loss at Leicester, four penalties were missed in that game alone.

The only potential downside is how the powers that be implement TMOs. But that is the reason why there are trials, to ensure they get it right for when every game utilises technology. How is it right that only 4 people out of 1 million plus watching the match do not get the privilege of seeing a situation a second time to ensure the correct is given.

You mean they wont be adopting it by this weekend based on a couple of decisions in last night's friendly?

No but they will in Germany next year, in summer international friendlies, in the FA Cup next year and also in the World Club Cup again and likely the EFL Cup also next season from round one.

So it does seem you believed last night was the first trial of video referring. Not to worry. I can understand why it must all seem to be moving rather quickly away from your obvious comfort zone.

No but they will in Germany next year, in summer international friendlies, in the FA Cup next year and also in the World Club Cup again and likely the EFL Cup also next season from round one.

So it does seem you believed last night was the first trial of video referring. Not to worry. I can understand why it must all seem to be moving rather quickly away from your obvious comfort zone.
This post has made me so angry that I want to smash some machinery to pieces.

If and when TMOs are introduced to domestic leagues, I would like to see the TMOs come from other leagues around Europe, and possibly the world.

I.e., German, French, Spanish, maybe even Brazilian or Argentinian officials working in England, and English ones traveling to other countries to officiate.

This would help to eliminate any bias towards media darlings, though I doubt it would eradicate it completely.

Sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but who decided that the two offsides should be looked at last night, the on field ref, the video ref or did they just check automatically as a goal had been scored?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.