Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

What the fuck are their fans complaining about? Their club is in its infancy and to have a man of Vieira's standing at the helm is quite some coup,they need a fucking big reality check.....the cheeky twats.
Great opportunity for Wilcox i hope.

Plenty on here as well....pot and kettle?
They should have a joint forum where every thread finds something 'shameful' and/or a 'disgrace', and involves slagging off the current players, manager, coaching staff and, of course, 'happy clappers'.

I think this is a really short sighted move by the club.

Firstly, I can imagine the NYCFC fans being pissed off. They've got big insecurities about being a "farm team" and want their own identity. Appointing Viera just smacks of giving him experience of managing men before taking the big job at us. The MLS is littered with big names from Europe who managed over there and flopped.

What happens if it doesn't work out? Not only are you pissing off the NYCFC fans, it would also mean he would have to be sacked and we lose a huge asset from the club.

I think the most sensible plan would have been to bring him in as assistant to Pep next year, with the plan for him to take over in 3 years time. I think him moving to New York now makes it look more likely that Pep isn't coming in the summer now. More likely we've got Pellegrini for one more season, and if Viera rips up trees in New York, we'll appoint him in 2017.

Firstly, I can imagine the NYCFC fans being pissed off. They've got big insecurities about being a "farm team" and want their own identity. Appointing Viera just smacks of giving him experience of managing men before taking the big job at us. The MLS is littered with big names from Europe who managed over there and flopped.

What happens if it doesn't work out? Not only are you pissing off the NYCFC fans, it would also mean he would have to be sacked and we lose a huge asset from the club.

I think the most sensible plan would have been to bring him in as assistant to Pep next year, with the plan for him to take over in 3 years time. I think him moving to New York now makes it look more likely that Pep isn't coming in the summer now. More likely we've got Pellegrini for one more season, and if Viera rips up trees in New York, we'll appoint him in 2017.
I was going along with the logic but gave up at the word 'Pep'.

It's all about the money the US brand,not for the sport at all,why do you think Gerrard is so eager to come back home,it's fucking crap that's why,Drogba/Keane/Lampard/Gerrard all their for the money as though they need more

Considering he was linked with the Newcastle job in the summer and overall they as fans of a premier league club were pretty happy I think the New York fans maybe need a bit of a reality check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.