Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

I understand where their fans are coming from to an extent but they should consider, if it is true we see him as a future manager at City, then we clearly see a huge potential in him and in theory he should piss the MLS with the right backing.

Delighted to hear about Patricks Appointment! So excited for next years MLS season already!

Any NYCFC fans complainin can just do one, they not a clue in my opinion and think the MLS is the best in the world fs!

Success will be delivered in the end, be it Patrick or someone else, then the bitchin will stop!

If he can't do a good job at NY then we are doing ourselves a favour finding out now instead of your plan to let him instead do a bad job here in three years time. If he can't do the job in NYC then we aren't losing a huge asset from the club, we are finding out his real worth.

I disagree. Firstly, him doing a bad job in New York doesn't mean he'd do a bad job here. It's a new team in the 2nd season of it's existence in an established league. No manager in the world would be guaranteed success. One of the most successful managers in that league has just failed, so why would anyone else find it easy to win?

Secondly, if he was an assistant to Pep (or Guardiola if you prefer) during a period of success, he could learn from the top man, help integrate the youngsters he has coached, and there would be an easy continuity if he was to eventually take over.

Thirdly, he was doing an excellent job at the EDS, was an extremely popular member of the staff at City with both the established professionals, and the impressionable existing and potential future youth team players.

If he fails at NYCFC and gets sacked, we're losing a major asset from the club.

I really hope Wilcox is kept away from the EDS team. Horrible man, the majority of the young players don't like him. Viera leaving could see a few of our EDS players out the door as well unfortunately.

Quite a good move for Viera though.

I hear this about Wilcox as well.

Seems they don't want to be seen as a stepping stone but aren't most clubs? If they got Klopp instead of Liverpool and then Klopp moved onto Barcelona, would that be alright? It's only the CFG that makes a difference. We are a bigger club in a bigger league. If Vieira is successful, we get him down the line, they enjoy the next three years and everyone is happy.

I am more convinced than ever that Big Paddy is being groomed to take over the helm at the Etihad once he has hopefully been a success over there in the States.
Good luck Paddy and hope to see you within the next 3 years in Manchester.

I disagree. Firstly, him doing a bad job in New York doesn't mean he'd do a bad job here. It's a new team in the 2nd season of it's existence in an established league. No manager in the world would be guaranteed success. One of the most successful managers in that league has just failed, so why would anyone else find it easy to win?

Secondly, if he was an assistant to Pep (or Guardiola if you prefer) during a period of success, he could learn from the top man, help integrate the youngsters he has coached, and there would be an easy continuity if he was to eventually take over.

Thirdly, he was doing an excellent job at the EDS, was an extremely popular member of the staff at City with both the established professionals, and the impressionable existing and potential future youth team players.

If he fails at NYCFC and gets sacked, we're losing a major asset from the club.

You want him to be an assistant here and then take the main job, without ever doing that job first?? I disagree, I'd much rather him be the main man somewhere first as there is a big difference in the roles.

I agree on your third point though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.