Vieira - Medical today

With Kompany playing CB for the foreseeable future, and Ireland out injured, I think Vierra is a solid signing. He'll bring some height to the midfield and if he plays just in front of the back four I'm sure he'll still be able to do a good job, especially with De Jong and Barry to the left and right of him respectively. Don't think we'll see him running box to box, however I think we'll see Barry push forward more to provide that link between midfield and up front.

rickmcfc said:
big blueballs said:
you dont have to dish bollockings out to be a leader you can do it in other ways, toure was captain for arsenal and did well for thyem so i have not just pulled his name from my ass, under mancini you will see a different toure

so you have a fucking word prick
Toure is not captain material, i bet Mancini will change the captaincy. So how do you dish out a bollocking then on the pitch???
you may be right he may change the captaincy he may not, in the modern game the captain is usually the player the manager feels understands the tactics etc essentially becoming the manager on the pitch
the days off thumping the chest and shouting the loudest have long gone, it may be still like that at grass roots but not so at the highest level
as we have seen hughes did not get the best out of the players we have this is why i think mancini will be good for toure and the rest of the defence they seem to now understand what is expected of them

Pedro Tull said:
Waste of money and time.

How can he be a waste of money if he is coming on a free transfer?

You know....them things rag fans will get quite accustomed to in the future?

It could be a loan deal though....another thing they'll have to get used to aswell.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

big blueballs said:
rickmcfc said:
Toure is not captain material, i bet Mancini will change the captaincy. So how do you dish out a bollocking then on the pitch???
you may be right he may change the captaincy he may not, in the modern game the captain is usually the player the manager feels understands the tactics etc essentially becoming the manager on the pitch
the days off thumping the chest and shouting the loudest have long gone, it may be still like that at grass roots but not so at the highest level
as we have seen hughes did not get the best out of the players we have this is why i think mancini will be good for toure and the rest of the defence they seem to now understand what is expected of them

A midfield of Barry - DJ & Vierra would be fookin dire they are all defensive midfield players although Barry is more of a box to box player than the other 2. If we play a midfield of these three were does SWP - Petrov - Ireland - Bellamy - Weiss play?

KentBlue said:
Pedro Tull said:
Waste of money and time.

If that's the case then you're saying Mancini doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, then?

Gasp horrror the thought of not agreeing what your manager does ,hang them shoot them all ,Mancini the perfecto....lol

Can't see Paddy offering much to your midfield he's on his last legs and wouldn't be able to handle the pace and intensity of this league. Was worried Wenger would re-sign him tbh because he's pretty much done at the highest level and we have Diaby who's far better than him at the moment. Bloke's an absolute legend though so I wish him well.

Good signing.

Those moaning must be 'new' fans wanting Kaka or Messi and anyone else is a let down.

We needed more midfielders and we've just got one who has loads of experience and will want to impress in every game to go to the world cup.

De Jong can learn a lot from him and this means NDJ won't need to play 2 games a week at times or worry about yellow cards and the like.

I'm sure Viera isn't expecting to play week in week out at his age but he'll feature regularly enough to make an impact for us and the French manager.

Without doubt this signing has baffled quite a few of us ,defensive midfield is an area we have well covered and viera was not popular with mourinio ,the manager held in high esteem on this site in recent months .So does mourinio not know what he is doing ,the italian game is alot slower than the prem so viera i think will play alongside barry as de jong is to much alike ,rotation rotation .However Kompany will be the one to miss out and when we have injured centre halves back i feel kompany may be on his way .So make your own minds up if viera coming means we lose kompany or maybe barry or de jong does that make it a good deal.mmmmmmmmmm

briliant signing, proven international that improves the squad and adds depth and experience...at a time when we are full of injuries in defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.