Vieira on loan (Merged)

Aussie! said:
Ive never cared too much about Viera, but is he a defensive midfielder?

I'd think you were joking but I'll let you off since you're Australian. :) He's pretty famous over here, a household name amongst football fans. Yes he's defensive mid. At least used to be rock solid, what I've seen these days he's looked pretty good as well but he's pretty much a reserve for Inter now, as I said I'm not sure why, I have just assumed he's sort of winding down but maybe he's not happy with the situation.

edit: oh I read "never heard too much about Vieira" instead of "cared", but most of what I wrote still applies. :)

avoidconfusion said:
I hope this rumour is just a rumour, he is not what we need.

I don't think you fully understand what position we are in, and why Vieira will be the perfect signing. Let me explain. We are in with a major shout for all 3 domestric trophies. Its fair to say we will reach the 5th round of the FA Cup and hopefully, with united apparent lack of form, the CC final too. On top of that we are in prime position to challenge for top 3 in the league, perhaps even further. The bulk of our hard-man midfield, Kompany and NDJ, have NO experience of the intensity of the position we could be in. Barry does, kind of, but there is one player who can come in, play a bit part on and OFF the pitch and who has been there and has several t-shirts to prove it, Vieira. On the other hand we could go and do what all the impatient blues want, and sign some untried foreigner for £20m +, ala Aquilani, and see the challenges for those trophies come crumbling round our eager ears. Remember, its not just on the field why Vieira will be coming in....

Was brilliant back in the day but we don't need him now, however I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, just don't think we need him.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Was brilliant back in the day but we don't need him now, however I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him, just don't think we need him.

Its better to have him than to not have him though, especially in the new-found position we find ourselves in of being able to possibly challenge for a trophy or two. We have no-one who has anything other than Tevez, but he's merely a kid in terms of experience in the PL. Toure and Ade aren't here at a crucial period, so to bring someone in who has that experience is a good move, even if its mainly for off the pitch reasons.

Pigeonho said:
avoidconfusion said:
I hope this rumour is just a rumour, he is not what we need.

I don't think you fully understand what position we are in, and why Vieira will be the perfect signing. Let me explain. We are in with a major shout for all 3 domestric trophies. Its fair to say we will reach the 5th round of the FA Cup and hopefully, with united apparent lack of form, the CC final too. On top of that we are in prime position to challenge for top 3 in the league, perhaps even further. The bulk of our hard-man midfield, Kompany and NDJ, have NO experience of the intensity of the position we could be in. Barry does, kind of, but there is one player who can come in, play a bit part on and OFF the pitch and who has been there and has several t-shirts to prove it, Vieira. On the other hand we could go and do what all the impatient blues want, and sign some untried foreigner for £20m +, ala Aquilani, and see the challenges for those trophies come crumbling round our eager ears. Remember, its not just on the field why Vieira will be coming in....

Spot on Pigeonho, we need this winning mentality in our dressing room, who better for Kompany and NDJ to learn from, we forget how young these 2 players are. Lets get real and realise Vieira wont play too many games, but the midfield area is short and has been forgotten with our defensive frailties

IBlue said:
Pigeonho said:

Spot on Pigeonho, we need this winning mentality in our dressing room, who better for Kompany and NDJ to learn from, we forget how young these 2 players are. Lets get real and realise Vieira wont play too many games, but the midfield area is short and has been forgotten with our defensive frailties

Completely agree with both of you.

Thos panicking about his age need to have a re-think. Mancini understands how to use a defensive midfielder. Under the previous regime i would of been concerned as he would of been expected single handily to dominate the entire midfield covering an entire third of the pitch. He would of been useless. Mancini has the team more disciplined. Nigel doenst have to tear around the pitch like a blue arsed fly anymore and thats excellent to watch. Makele did a job until his mid 30's at Chelsea because Maureen understood how to use him. He will be a great signing on and off the pitch.

His defensive qualities will help free Ireland to roam forward, when fit. He might also be able to help us scouting for new faces, being French with Italian and English league experience. Finally, as he is presumably fluent in Italian by now, he can help Roberto settle in over here. In any event, I would certainly rather we sign him than Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.