Vieira Signed for City

I can see Vieira being made captain for the Blackburn game now that Toure is at the African cup

Anyone agree?

micky_blue said:
I can see Vieira being made captain for the Blackburn game now that Toure is at the African cup

Anyone agree?

Nope, new signings are rarely made captain. Will be someone established in the team- Given, Dejong.

smiles said:
micky_blue said:

Anyone agree?

Nope, new signings are rarely made captain. Will be someone established in the team- Given, Dejong.

I'm not so sure, he commands instant respect for what he has done before in the PL, natural leader (whatever that means) but more importantly Mancini knows him well and will trust him fully.

not exactly the most exciting signing... he'll be 35 by the time his contract is up if true about 18 month deal. Still, certainly adds to the depth and will play a role in the midfield... and perhaps even better, there is nothing like a little competition for spots to get the best out of blokes

Think he could be good to have around the squad with his vast experience but i just dont see him running a midfield like he used to, i dont think he has the running of a de jong.
I just hope this deal doesnt mean we lose, in my eyes, the best defensive midfielder in the league, Nigel de Jong. Who also needs to be playing as its a world cup year.

smiles said:
micky_blue said:

Anyone agree?

Or Barry, experience as captain for Villa

Viera always strikes me as someone who keeps himself super fit and what he may have lost in pace he will make up in experience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.