Vieira Signed for City

He's spent his entire career winning medals at domestic and international level. I don't know what Mancini sees in him.

It's an alright signing, nothing more and nothing less. He'll provide strength in depth for the midfield. I think the fact Mancini's first signing is a short term one might be an indicator that ADUG aren't necessarily willing to give him a hge amount to spend, either because they want him to prove over the next 6 months he's the man for the job, or else because he's just a seat warmer for Mourinho in the Summer.

Matty said:
It's an alright signing, nothing more and nothing less. He'll provide strength in depth for the midfield. I think the fact Mancini's first signing is a short term one might be an indicator that ADUG aren't necessarily willing to give him a hge amount to spend, either because they want him to prove over the next 6 months he's the man for the job, or else because he's just a seat warmer for Mourinho in the Summer.

No way

Please delete your post, Matty! It is disrespectful towards the owners and Mancio.

January is not the time to upset the squad with huge big name signings and not to mention it is almost impossible to do such signings in january as no club want to lose their players then. The business is shrewd, some experience who could really come in handy when the going gets tough. You should welcome Vieira with open arms, Matty, and dont be pessimistic!

vbr said:
Not happy with the signing to be honest, but will see how it goes.

I guess at least this means Bellamy will no longer be the "biggest cock" in the dressing room!

Its OK as long as its a 6 month deal with option for longer if he works out not an 18 month contract they are saying on SSN. That would be very poor value IMO would equate to £7.2 million in wages over the deal for a squad player for cover at this stage of his career.

Undestands the Mancini way of playing could be as a player he will be able to instill that in some of yopnger players and bring them on. Can see him as a link between Manager and Players good news IMO. On the playing side unless ultra fit and up to prem speed can only see him playing if we have injuries but valuable in his experience to be sitting on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.