Vieira

Jonah1986 said:
I . Although the top of the diamond which is where he seemed to be playing at times last night isn't his best position!

he didn't play there. he started here:

...................De Jong........................

..........Vieira..............Barry................

..................Johnson.........................

then went to here:

Johnson..........Vieira...De Jong.........Barry

cant say he had a bad game, before last night hed played what? about 15 minues in how long? just needs match practise and hell be fine, we need someone with his leadership, lets not slag him off yet.

what a ball to ade though!!

well off the pace is to be expected, he's just joined and has been injured. But he played ok, patchy perfomance rather like the teams, he showed whats he can add to our midfield, he isnt in their to hold, he will contriubute to the attack, and that pass to ade was top draw.

with games comes sharpness.

Blue Coop said:
I thought his overall game today was awful.

I hope he wins his place in the team on merit and not because of how highly Mancini rates him.
This.

He did alright. Used his experience in the second half. The ball for Adebayor was a nice ball a copy of Ireland's ball to Adebayor in our last home game over the top of the defence and Adebayor smashed it in. Will he be able to take the pressure of 2 games a week I dont know. Would use him against Liverpool at home on Gerrard and the same with Lampard at Chelsea so needs a few more minutes to play to be at the peak for those games.

tommytheblue said:
with games comes sharpness.

Not when you're coming up to 34 it doesn't.

Amazing how many can't see that.

Why do you think he was surplus to requirements at Inter?

leighton said:
He did alright. Used his experience in the second half. The ball for Adebayor was a nice ball a copy of Ireland's ball to Adebayor in our last home game over the top of the defence and Adebayor smashed it in. Will he be able to take the pressure of 2 games a week I dont know. Would use him against Liverpool at home on Gerrard and the same with Lampard at Chelsea so needs a few more minutes to play to be at the peak for those games.

That's not his job, marking someone out of a game is De Jongs job. Vieira is a player who will win the ball, move it into space and set up attacks, he's not a holding midfielder, never has been.

C_T_I_D said:
I thought he had a nice, calm composed evening personally. Comfortable on the ball, easy passing to another blue shirt with the odd misplaced pass. I've no complaints really.

Exactly this!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.