Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadchesterCity said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
Given who they are and who we have in our squad, it's nothing more than a win for me. The eyes will be on us tomorrow night to see what we do. TBH though I'm more concerned about Sunday. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'd take a draw Sunday right now, I know that's us going backwards but that's exactly what we've done.

I wouldn't take a draw on Sunday, we must win, we have a much stronger side than in many previous years and a draw would be a nightmare.

It will be so important to get the 3 points

A draw either tomorrow or Sunday would be poor...2 wins for me,nothing less.

Really would like to see us lay a marker with the performance. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but we should be looking to win and play accordingly (i.e. look to get on the front foot and dictate from the start). If Silva's out, that's a huge blow obviously; assuming Vinny's fit I'd go with

--------------------Hart----------------------
Zab--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy (Kolarov, if not fit)
-------Fernandinho--Yaya-------------
--Milner------Jovetic-------Nasri-----
-----------------Aguero------------------

Pigeonho said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
At least Kompany is on the plane...

Let's hope he is fit though because if we lose him again for any lenghth of time we are fucked
We shouldn't have to rely on him for this match. He should be kept fit for Sunday I think. We should be putting teams like this to the sword either way.

One of the oldest tactics... set em up to knock em down... nice work .. you must be laughing your little socks off...

sh249 said:
Really would like to see us lay a marker with the performance. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but we should be looking to win and play accordingly (i.e. look to get on the front foot and dictate from the start). If Silva's out, that's a huge blow obviously; assuming Vinny's fit I'd go with

I love Milner but his crossing ability is average compared to Navas, plus Navas brings workrate tracking back like Jimmy but he adds pace up front, something that the team you have put out lacks, bar Kun.

sam-caddick said:
sh249 said:

I love Milner but his crossing ability is average compared to Navas, plus Navas brings workrate tracking back like Jimmy but he adds pace up front, something that the team you have put out lacks, bar Kun.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. But at the moment, we don't look like we really know how best to use Navas, and he hasn't struck up any real understanding with the other players (not necessarily his fault - Zaba spends all game running into his space, for example). I'd start with Milner in the hope that the three of him, Jovetic and Nasri would give us good movement and allow us to get a lion's share of possession, then use Navas as an impact sub later on.

We're going for the win, but they are no pushovers. A team that beats Napoli 5-0 over 2 legs and can go to AC Milan and draw 2-2 are capable of beating us

If we draw, and Plzen prove to be capable of taking points off our other rivals then that will be OK. That might be difficult to determine tomorrow. If we draw, or get beat, little credit will be given to Plzen. It will just be City bashing.

I hope we use Navas from the bench. I think Plzn are going to expend a lot of energy in this game, and Navas could make a very big impact if he comes on against tired players later in the game. I also think it's crucial that City boss the midfield and we have had problems doing that so far with Navas playing so wide

According to the Telegraph Pellers was in charge of entertainment on the plane over and kicked off with an hour long episode of 'Only Fools and Horses'. Personally I'll be amazed if that doesn't do the trick in the match tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.