Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not in the same form as last year. I watched Plzen in first round of qualifying against Zeljeznicar from Bosnia (club where Dzeko started his career) and they were nothing special. Considering they conceded 4 goals in two games (3 at home and 1 away) from such a weak opponent, then we must score at least 2 or 3 by all means.

I don't know if it's just me but I do feel as fans we view the Champions League as an inconvenience to the detriment of our league form yet at the same time there is an expectation to sail through our group. I have been to our home CL games and living in London have also been to CL nights at Chelsea, White Hart Lane and Arsenal (thank you very much corporate hospitality!). The atmosphere there on CL nights is pretty special especially at Spurs where they embraced it as what it is - the pinnacle of football tournaments. I appreciate the league is our bread and butter but like it or not we are attempting to be a global force and to get there I think the sensible ones amongst us appreciate at that CL is a big part of that. I guess my point is that I wish that the fans could replicate European nights of places like the Bernabeau, Dortmund, Anfield and not see the whole thing as one big inconvenience.

Woke up very positive this morning and we will dick em tonight, no worries.

Colville10 said:
Fellow citizens I have got a group of supporters together from the west of scotland to run a supporters club out of the ship inn 36 north harbour street in ayr to go to games and watch any games we cant make in the pub starting with the game tuesday night anyone who wishes to join us we will be in the pub from 7pm feel free to wear your colours.
Chris
Oh the memories!!!

I´d love to be there with your branch - used to love my trips to Ayr and all the bars - Is the Bobby Jones still there? - pulled a nice Drongan lassie when I was there all those years back!!

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

zabadabadoo1985 said:
I don't know if it's just me but I do feel as fans we view the Champions League as an inconvenience to the detriment of our league form yet at the same time there is an expectation to sail through our group. I have been to our home CL games and living in London have also been to CL nights at Chelsea, White Hart Lane and Arsenal (thank you very much corporate hospitality!). The atmosphere there on CL nights is pretty special especially at Spurs where they embraced it as what it is - the pinnacle of football tournaments. I appreciate the league is our bread and butter but like it or not we are attempting to be a global force and to get there I think the sensible ones amongst us appreciate at that CL is a big part of that. I guess my point is that I wish that the fans could replicate European nights of places like the Bernabeau, Dortmund, Anfield and not see the whole thing as one big inconvenience.

Spot on, These nights should not be taken for granted, it took us long enough to get there.

Zmajuga said:
They're not in the same form as last year. I watched Plzen in first round of qualifying against Zeljeznicar from Bosnia (club where Dzeko started his career) and they were nothing special. Considering they conceded 4 goals in two games (3 at home and 1 away) from such a weak opponent, then we must score at least 2 or 3 by all means.
I have posted this before, only a fool would use the game against Zeljo as any sort of measure of their quality. One of Plzen's first games of the season and basically a game where the opposition somehow managed to score with basically all three of their shots on goal – yet still managed to lose. With Plzen also never in any danger of losing the tie and controlling the away game even when they were down to ten men. And then they have gone and added four more wins out of four from their remaining qualifiers, conceding just three and scoring fourteen.

However, having said that, a team that had won the Premier League just over a year ago should be beating a team like Plzen rather easily. Indeed, it should be beating even outfits stronger than Viktoria like CSKA. European inexperience or not.

Champions League nights, especially the home games, are to me very special moments.

I remember nearly crying when we played our first home game against Napoli, (the Champions League music got to me before kick off). I felt so much pride hearing that music being associated with City.

The fact that it took 3 years to get into the competition and just missing out on the competition a year earlier, made it all the more sweeter when we finally did get into it.

For me Champions League will always be special, it is the pinnacle of European football and you do get worldwide recognition as the winners, so we should always aim to win it, (no matter how long it might take realistically).

I take it you got the same amount of tickets we did (about 650) ? Quite a few of our lot are going to be disappointed on the ticket front, it's not far from Munich and Bayern have over 18,000 applications for the 650 tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.