Viktoria Plzen v City (Tuesday 17 September)

BezzMCFC said:
friend told me a city coach who is a red is selling two tickets in the city end for £240 as a pair.

fucking disgrace, i missed out but fuck it more there without tickets than with.

im hoping its like it was getting into lokeren

If you know his name report him to the club. He should be sacked for that.

Eccles Blue said:
allan harper said:
Eccles Blue said:
I was in the ticket office this morning buying my Aston Villa ticket and there were a lot of people there and quite a few were buying for other people as well as themselves so I doubt that there were only 350 on sale. If so they would have sold out at 10.30!! Sorry but I don't like 'conspiracy' theories!! But then I can be a bit naive at times because I trust people and I trust the club!! :-)

How could it sell out at 10:30!!! There's only a handful of fans on 13'000 points!!

Well there were more than a 'handful' of fans there when I was there and, of the ones who were in front of me, a few bought at least 7 tickets so, the point I was making was, if they had only got 350 tickets, with the ones that were buying at 9.00am plus the ones who were buying online all the tickets would have gone by 10.30!! In other words there MUST have been more than 350!!

So maybe more than a handful of fans are on 13,000 points? :-)

Or maybe he's just got massive hands?

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Eccles Blue said:
allan harper said:
How could it sell out at 10:30!!! There's only a handful of fans on 13'000 points!!

Well there were more than a 'handful' of fans there when I was there and, of the ones who were in front of me, a few bought at least 7 tickets so, the point I was making was, if they had only got 350 tickets, with the ones that were buying at 9.00am plus the ones who were buying online all the tickets would have gone by 10.30!! In other words there MUST have been more than 350!!

Or maybe he's just got massive hands?

Now that is the Bluemoon type answer I know and love!! :-)

Eccles Blue said:
allan harper said:
Eccles Blue said:
I was in the ticket office this morning buying my Aston Villa ticket and there were a lot of people there and quite a few were buying for other people as well as themselves so I doubt that there were only 350 on sale. If so they would have sold out at 10.30!! Sorry but I don't like 'conspiracy' theories!! But then I can be a bit naive at times because I trust people and I trust the club!! :-)

If there's more than 50 fans (less than a 100!) who have over 13,000 I'll show my arse in the gay bar in Prague!

We'll have to discuss this over an 80p pint in Czech Republic! You can pay though.

lancs blue said:
de niro said:
got ours but its a bloody disgrace that we have such a small allocation.
if they join the CL with a small ground they should move the game or give us a minimum of 1000 tickets.

Sorry, but why is it a disgrace? It's their home game and they've qualified on merit, why should they have to move it to accommodate more City fans? Do you think the CL should be the sole preserve of the "big clubs", that seems more like the attitude we criticise the rags for.

it is a disgrace. for a start it immediately promotes touting. it also incites trouble, maybe not us but some clubs will go there and away fans will buy in the home end. should that be a group decider etc there could be bother, especially with the effects of 80p beer.
we could talk all day about the "big club" syndrome but this is now big business and if any club wants to capitalise on uefa's greed and join in they have to meet that level of critiera. you can bet if crawley town fluked fourth in the prem uefa would definitely get their game moved.

BezzMCFC said:
friend told me a city coach who is a red is selling two tickets in the city end for £240 as a pair.

fucking disgrace, i missed out but fuck it more there without tickets than with.

im hoping its like it was getting into lokeren
i hear stories about you and blokes in drag in liverpool?

allan harper said:
Eccles Blue said:
allan harper said:

If there's more than 50 fans (less than a 100!) who have over 13,000 I'll show my arse in the gay bar in Prague!

We'll have to discuss this over an 80p pint in Czech Republic! You can pay though.

I'll take a bet on that. I've got over 14300 points and I know from when Superbia was offered first season that there were over 45 with more points than me so I'd be very surprised if there weren't 3/400 at least with over 13000 points which would be born out by 500+ tixs today selling out almost immediately after dropping to 11500.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
lancs blue said:
de niro said:
got ours but its a bloody disgrace that we have such a small allocation.
if they join the CL with a small ground they should move the game or give us a minimum of 1000 tickets.

Sorry, but why is it a disgrace? It's their home game and they've qualified on merit, why should they have to move it to accommodate more City fans? Do you think the CL should be the sole preserve of the "big clubs", that seems more like the attitude we criticise the rags for.

it is a disgrace. for a start it immediately promotes touting. it also incites trouble, maybe not us but some clubs will go there and away fans will buy in the home end. should that be a group decider etc there could be bother, especially with the effects of 80p beer.
we could talk all day about the "big club" syndrome but this is now big business and if any club wants to capitalise on uefa's greed and join in they have to meet that level of critiera. you can bet if crawley town fluked fourth in the prem uefa would definitely get their game moved.

Ah but that's where you're wrong. Their ground is big enough for their needs, why should they play it 60 miles away to suit us and inconvenience all their fans? That's the whole advantage of playing AT HOME

If they did that (bit like a small club in FA cup moving it to an alternative to cash in) we'd all be saying it's a disgrace cashing in and not in the spirit of the competition etc

It's luck of the draw and just like when we played Groclin, Aalborg etc we have to live with it.

Tonster said:
allan harper said:
Eccles Blue said:

I'll take a bet on that. I've got over 14300 points and I know from when Superbia was offered first season that there were over 45 with more points than me so I'd be very surprised if there weren't 3/400 at least with over 13000 points which would be born out by 500+ tixs today selling out almost immediately after dropping to 11500.

-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:48 pm --

de niro said:
lancs blue said:

Ah but that's where you're wrong. Their ground is big enough for their needs, why should they play it 60 miles away to suit us and inconvenience all their fans? That's the whole advantage of playing AT HOME

If they did that (bit like a small club in FA cup moving it to an alternative to cash in) we'd all be saying it's a disgrace cashing in and not in the spirit of the competition etc

It's luck of the draw and just like when we played Groclin, Aalborg etc we have to live with it.

that's fine but give the away side a half decent allocation, a safe and sensible one that lessens the problems I've highlighted.

de niro said:
Tonster said:
allan harper said:

I'll take a bet on that. I've got over 14300 points and I know from when Superbia was offered first season that there were over 45 with more points than me so I'd be very surprised if there weren't 3/400 at least with over 13000 points which would be born out by 500+ tixs today selling out almost immediately after dropping to 11500.

de niro said:

that's fine but give the away side a half decent allocation, a safe and sensible one that lessens the problems I've highlighted.

Again, they have given 5% of capacity as per UEFA rules. Part of the advantage of playing at home is to maximise that advantage (minimal away support) why would they give more than they have to? Wouldn't expect us to do it, they will sell out their end no problem.

Tonster said:
de niro said:
Tonster said:

Again, they have given 5% of capacity as per UEFA rules. Part of the advantage of playing at home is to maximise that advantage (minimal away support) why would they give more than they have to? Wouldn't expect us to do it, they will sell out their end no problem.

Being the sort of person I am I can see both your points of view. They should be allowed to play on their home ground because not to do so loses them an advantage but they should maybe allocate a few more seats to the away fans, say 1,000, that would have been fairer really. Yes, they are sticking to UEFA's ruling but sometimes rules can be bent a little. Can see lots of City fans watching this in Prague or Plzen in bars so I hope it works out properly for everyone. The touting and the people trying to make a profit from the tickets are the main concern for me. That is not nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.