Viktoria Plzen v City (Tuesday 17 September)

topcat12 said:
Change your money over here in Prague. You will get a much better rate than anywhere in the UK

There are loads of exchange places on and around Wenceslas Square. The best ones that I have found recently were the one underneath Debenhams (!) on the corner of W. Square and Jindriska, one kind of opposite on Jindriska and then one tucked away just round the corner on a street called Panska. There are also a couple of art deco shopping arcades towards the bottom end of Wenceslas Square which have exchange places in them which normally have really good rates too.

If you are going to change your cash here, avoid banks and places like western union and some of the blue and white ones on Wenceslas Square as they will rip you off.

With regards to beer prices, avoid touristy areas and you will be fine; beer gardens tend to be cheap as do Czech places outside the centre. I was in a beer garden last night up in Vysehrad and paid 27Kc per pint which is normal.

Cheers for the info mate. I'm going to change my money over here as won't be changing that much anyway and i'm not bothered about saving a couple of quid. Beer gardens it is for beer then :) Where's best to go for late drinks say after midnight? cheapish as well haha.

citytill1die84 said:
topcat12 said:
Change your money over here in Prague. You will get a much better rate than anywhere in the UK

There are loads of exchange places on and around Wenceslas Square. The best ones that I have found recently were the one underneath Debenhams (!) on the corner of W. Square and Jindriska, one kind of opposite on Jindriska and then one tucked away just round the corner on a street called Panska. There are also a couple of art deco shopping arcades towards the bottom end of Wenceslas Square which have exchange places in them which normally have really good rates too.

If you are going to change your cash here, avoid banks and places like western union and some of the blue and white ones on Wenceslas Square as they will rip you off.

With regards to beer prices, avoid touristy areas and you will be fine; beer gardens tend to be cheap as do Czech places outside the centre. I was in a beer garden last night up in Vysehrad and paid 27Kc per pint which is normal.

Cheers for the info mate. I'm going to change my money over here as won't be changing that much anyway and i'm not bothered about saving a couple of quid. Beer gardens it is for beer then :) Where's best to go for late drinks say after midnight? cheapish as well haha.

I booked the hotel before there was talk of coaches. A lad has pre booked a 27 seater mini bus, managed to get the last 3 places on it, £20 a head.

allan harper said:
citytill1die84 said:
topcat12 said:

I booked the hotel before there was talk of coaches. A lad has pre booked a 27 seater mini bus, managed to get the last 3 places on it, £20 a head.

Ah not to bad then.

topcat12 said:

Is there any beer gardens near taboritska were staying on there Monday and Wednesday
Staying in Plzen on Tuesday after the match

allan harper said:
citytill1die84 said:
topcat12 said:

am on this too but dont have a ticket. figure id have more chance picking one up in plzen than prague on the day of the game!

dbluebomber said:
topcat12 said:

Is there any beer gardens near taboritska were staying on there Monday and Wednesday
Staying in Plzen on Tuesday after the match

There is a big one in Riegrovy Sady which is only about a 15 minute walk up the hill from Taboritska.

You're also near a really great pub/bar called U Sadu which has about 25 different beers on tap plus loads of bottled beer and they serve food until 2am! the whole place is decked out in communist memorabilia/antiques. Sounds a little tacky but if you want cheap food and good beer it is worth a look, It is in a square on the corner of Pospisilova right next to the Zizkov Tower.

topcat12, please may I ask you a question? From the sublime to the ridiculous however.............. are there any souvenir shops in Plzen? Although I now have a ticket (hooray) I am still going to do some sightseeing and Christmas shopping and wondered, as, on Spike's trip we are going straight to Plzen, if there were any places where I can buy them please?

Thanks in advance

Any blues out & about in Prague on the sunday night?
Arrive in from Luton at 18:50

Eccles Blue said:
topcat12, please may I ask you a question? From the sublime to the ridiculous however.............. are there any souvenir shops in Plzen? Although I now have a ticket (hooray) I am still going to do some sightseeing and Christmas shopping and wondered, as, on Spike's trip we are going straight to Plzen, if there were any places where I can buy them please?

Thanks in advance

Eccles Blue. Yes there are! The main shopping area is around a big square called Namesti Republiky. There are shops all the way round it and then down all the streets leading to/from it.

If you have the time, the brewery is well worth a visit. It has the largest bar in Bohemia where the food and beer is really good. If you do the tour, at the end you get to drink their unfiltered beer which you cannot buy anywhere :)

topcat12 said:
Eccles Blue said:

Thanks in advance

Eccles Blue. Yes there are! The main shopping area is around a big square called Namesti Republiky. There are shops all the way round it and then down all the streets leading to/from it.

If you have the time, the brewery is well worth a visit. It has the largest bar in Bohemia where the food and beer is really good. If you do the tour, at the end you get to drink their unfiltered beer which you cannot buy anywhere :)

What's Plzen like mate? Shall we be expecting Millwall greeting us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.