Viktoria Plzen v City (Tuesday 17 September)

topcat12 said:
Change your money over here in Prague. You will get a much better rate than anywhere in the UK

There are loads of exchange places on and around Wenceslas Square. The best ones that I have found recently were the one underneath Debenhams (!) on the corner of W. Square and Jindriska, one kind of opposite on Jindriska and then one tucked away just round the corner on a street called Panska. There are also a couple of art deco shopping arcades towards the bottom end of Wenceslas Square which have exchange places in them which normally have really good rates too.

If you are going to change your cash here, avoid banks and places like western union and some of the blue and white ones on Wenceslas Square as they will rip you off.

With regards to beer prices, avoid touristy areas and you will be fine; beer gardens tend to be cheap as do Czech places outside the centre. I was in a beer garden last night up in Vysehrad and paid 27Kc per pint which is normal.
whats the weather normally like in prague mid september - bit soon for 5 day forecast - shorts and t shirts or duffle coats and gloves ?

topcat12 said:
Change your money over here in Prague. You will get a much better rate than anywhere in the UK

There are loads of exchange places on and around Wenceslas Square. The best ones that I have found recently were the one underneath Debenhams (!) on the corner of W. Square and Jindriska, one kind of opposite on Jindriska and then one tucked away just round the corner on a street called Panska. There are also a couple of art deco shopping arcades towards the bottom end of Wenceslas Square which have exchange places in them which normally have really good rates too.

If you are going to change your cash here, avoid banks and places like western union and some of the blue and white ones on Wenceslas Square as they will rip you off.

With regards to beer prices, avoid touristy areas and you will be fine; beer gardens tend to be cheap as do Czech places outside the centre. I was in a beer garden last night up in Vysehrad and paid 27Kc per pint which is normal.
whats the weather normally like in prague mid september - bit soon for 5 day forecast - shorts and t shirts or duffle coats and gloves ?

T-shirt and shorts today :) Currently 26 in the shade. Chilly in the mornings and evenings but lovely during the day. 10 day forecast is saying it should be a nice day although getting chillier. September is normally a really nice month here.

I'm not sure about getting money out at a cash point, I think the exchange places give a better rate so long as you go the the right ones :)

Just booked on a mini bus to take us to the match and back, I'll take the hit on the hotel I booked in Plzen.

Danamy said:
allan harper said:
Just booked on a mini bus to take us to the match and back, I'll take the hit on the hotel I booked in Plzen.

Manchester to Plzen and back on a mini bus, fair play to you mate ;-)

seeing as a poster in the travel forum asked if there's a coach going to Russia! I thought this would be a short trip!

allan harper said:
Danamy said:
allan harper said:

seeing as a poster in the travel forum asked if there's a coach going to Russia! I thought this would be a short trip!

I noticed that and had a chuckle

I done a 24 hour coach journey once to watch us pre-season in Italy, and i swore never again.

Whatever the flights costs, i'm paying it.

Danamy said:
allan harper said:
Danamy said:

I noticed that and had a chuckle

I done a 24 hour coach journey once to watch us pre-season in Italy, and i swore never again.

Whatever the flights costs, i'm paying it.

I've done a coach journey to Italy too, think it took a day and a half, fucking hated coaches ever since!

allan harper said:

how come u didn't book on the Coach Prague to game and back spend a day in Plzen? £26 each worth it mate 4 of us on it.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=290122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=290122</a>

The link in case u missed it.

Bluemoon115 said:
For those of us unlikely to get hold of a ticket, anyone got any bars in Prague in mind to watch the match?

Plenty of bars will be showing it mate. I'm sure you'll meet plenty of blues to watch it with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.