Vilas Boas

Can't figure out whether Roman is a madman or a genius. On the face of it, his propensity for sacking managers hasn't hindered their collection of trophies since he bought the club. Hasn't stopped them signing some of the top players in the world.

On the subject of Villa Boas, just a personal opinion - but City have missed a trick here. We should've gone after him when it became clear that Mou was not going to happen.

bluemoondays said:
Big potential risk, done well with Porto but a lot of big ego's at Chelsea and no record of success in a top league. Also, he'll have very little knowledge of the PL and without someone like Wilkins wonder how he'll do.

He may come good but methinks we'll see another sacking at Chelsea at the end of this year.

Might try and draw one of the following either in, or back in: Zola, Wilkins, Clark. All reasonable options that have coached and know the game. The only problem I can see is that Clark went to 'Pool after he left his previous post.

Edit: Of course, I can't exactly see Roman swallowing his pride and letting Wilkinson back in, which really narrows it down.

BillyShears said:
Can't figure out whether Roman is a madman or a genius. On the face of it, his propensity for sacking managers hasn't hindered their collection of trophies since he bought the club. Hasn't stopped them signing some of the top players in the world.

On the subject of Villa Boas, just a personal opinion - but City have missed a trick here. We should've gone after him when it became clear that Mou was not going to happen.

If I remember correctly BS, didn't you think that Villa Boas was a non-starter for anyone... as he was such a huge Porto fan and he was desperate to have them challenging at the very top?

Money counts over loyalty every day of the week!

Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:

If I remember correctly BS, didn't you think that Villa Boas was a non-starter for anyone... as he was such a huge Porto fan and he was desperate to have them challenging at the very top?

Funnily enough, it was the other way round...I think Damocles was adamant he wasn't going to move this summer, and I'd suggested that we make enquiries anyway...

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:

Funnily enough, it was the other way round...I think Damocles was adamant he wasn't going to move this summer, and I'd suggested that we make enquiries anyway...

Damocles may have called it wrong?

Mmmm... ;-))

bluemoondays said:
Also, he'll have very little knowledge of the PL and without someone like Wilkins wonder how he'll do.

You do know he was part of Mourinho's back room staff at Chelsea? All of the player briefing documents were prepared by him.

BillyShears said:

So Mancini still isnt good enough for just? (Genuine question, just interested)

Not good news this. No doubt he'll also be back to pick the cream of their players too. I would expect to see Falcao at Chelsea after this, add Modric and with Boas in charge, and they could be the ones to beat.

I was also hoping they went for Hiddink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.