Villa boo boys

CheesySmoker

i thought villa booing GB was a disgrace tonight, 12 years of service and they throw it right back in his face. Nobody deserves that. Just to put things in perspective, i cant imagine anywhere someone like Dunney could go and be shunned by us (bar the rags)

villa fans should be ashamed

I don't have much against Villa usually, but that was pretty pathetic, I'm glad we showed class and treated Dunnie the right way!

I liked us singing his name before KO, recognising his name on the team sheet and then clapping after the goal.

Thought we went a bit soppy singing his name after he scored against us; its only going to give him more confidence.

Respect where its due and we gave it but don't let sentiment get in the way of a win... just look what happened when we eventually got on Distin's back; he crumbled and we won.

Not saying we should have boo'd Dunne, thought we gave a fantastic account of ourselves... i think his performance annoyed me though, we've seen him pull that kind of performance out once a season then he does it first game against us! Typical!

GStar said:
Not saying we should have boo'd Dunne, thought we gave a fantastic account of ourselves... i think his performance annoyed me though, we've seen him pull that kind of performance out once a season then he does it first game against us! Typical!

Did you really expect anything else from him ?

He was first class tonight, delighted for him, we'll be above his team come May, and he'll not begrudge us that.

Our treatment of an ex player V Villa's treatment of an ex player, no contest at all.

I thought our fans tonight were first class all round.

Eh, give them a break. It's not about Barry. It's about them facing facts and not enjoying it. If you'd gone to all that effort to do things "the right way" and build a side capable of challenging for a Champions League spot, only to have it all go up in smoke the final couple of months of the season, you'd be disappointed, too. Now City come along and now not only are Villa weakened thanks to City taking their best player, but now suddenly there's someone else ahead of them in the Premier League pecking order. You'd be bitter, too, if you were a Villa fan.

cleavers said:
GStar said:

Did you really expect anything else from him ?

He was first class tonight, delighted for him, we'll be above his team come May, and he'll not begrudge us that.

Our treatment of an ex player V Villa's treatment of an ex player, no contest at all.

I thought our fans tonight were first class all round.

TBH no, i fully expected it... but it wouldnt have surprised me had me completely capitulated and given us three of four gifts. It just irked me that he had a stormer against us at the first time of asking, he hadn't put in too many of them kind of games for us before he left otherwise i'd guess he'dstill be here.

The rest i agree with, as you could tell from my post. He can perform like that but doesn't do it consistently and has a tendancy to make mistakes.

I was proud of how we acted tonight, even if i had to stop singing Dunne's name after the goal once i realised what i was doing!

der-bomber said:
lt was fine to give Dunne a decent reception before the game, but to start singing his name again when he had just scored against us was just fucking unbelievable....the same morons were then slagging off our own players.

Why was it unbelievable?

somervillain said:
Eh, give them a break. It's not about Barry. It's about them facing facts and not enjoying it. If you'd gone to all that effort to do things "the right way" and build a side capable of challenging for a Champions League spot, only to have it all go up in smoke the final couple of months of the season, you'd be disappointed, too. Now City come along and now not only are Villa weakened thanks to City taking their best player, but now suddenly there's someone else ahead of them in the Premier League pecking order. You'd be bitter, too, if you were a Villa fan.

The right way? Villa got a cash injection from a yank and then used his money to buy players like Young for huge money (for clubs like Watford the fees were massive) from smaller clubs. Oh and let's not forget that this summer Villa payed near £10 million for a young player playing in the third tier of English football. Don't forget that Villa were shite under O'Leary and with Ellis being skint were just as mediocre as us, so to say Lerner's money hasn't had a huge impact there would be insane. They didn't challenge for 4th place last season because they won a few league titles in the 1800's that's for sure!

Now, sheikh mansour comes along and Villa don't feel so rich anymore. City can take their best player just like how Villa took Watfords best player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.