Villa Fans

colinbellsboots said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
can't stand brummies full stop.
i have lived in brum and can asure you , that there are plenty of nice folk in the area, its no differant to here, just a diferant accent. good and bad in both areas.

Totally agree with you pal, i am a born and bred Manc but moved to Brum through work (Sutton Coldfield) and loved it down there, ended up marrying a lass from Dudley (a Black Country girl not a Brummie :-)!!) and have 2 fantastic kids and been together for 20 years now, salt of the earth people with great work and social ethics...,, not unlike Mancunians, probably why i like them so much !

Live and let live guys - come on!

I worked in Brum for 2 years and enjoyed it. Nice bunch of blokes, and good on the piss. Not the biggest Rag haters in the world though, which worried me slightly - got into a lot of arguments about that one.

Cannot stand stupid football fans when they say things like "we're a big club" and "you ain't got no history" particularly about City.

I could bet in terms of events, City is one of the most eventful and colourful football clubs around with loyal fans and more soul than any of the top teams, even United who sold their soul years ago to naive Chinese and Indians "fans" (or did they have any soul in the first place?) which is the most important thing in football (imo anyway)

Its 2010, football is all about money, go and blame Rupert Murdoch and the introduction of sponsorships, that was it then - football was not football as we know it anymore.

We have won quite a bit too but lagging behind some of the top clubs. Hopefully we can catch up the lack of silverware in the coming years :D CTID

Didsbury Dave said:
Villaninpeace said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I wanted to raise a point and this seemed the best place to do it.

In this thread Villa fans were getting plenty of stick for various things but mainly for the treatment of Gareth Barry. Its why I first signed up on here to try and put our views across.

Well I would just like to point out the reception before the West Ham game given to James Milner and the ovation he was given when withdrawn 5 minutes before time despite the fact that we all knew he was going.

I think it proves what I was trying to say in this thread, that the fans (not that it applies to all) bitterness towards Barry was more in relation to his conduct than his decision to leave. If anything as a fan base we are far more sorry to lose Milner than we were Barry yet Milner and his departure have been treated very differently.

I'm sure you saw fans getting his autograph as he left our training ground to travel up to Manchester.

I predict you will also see Milner receive a very different reception when he returns to Villa Park.

I'm not on here to slag off Barry, far from it but I think we as a fan base were judged unfairly as a result of his departure. Think what you will about that but my point was and remains it is not a basis to make the sort of comments found within this thread.

Fair enough mate.

Our supporters have given players like Distin abuse for no apparent reason before. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I gave Distin abuse cos he's a bloody mecenary where as Richard Dunne was a loyal serving player<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 pm --<br /><br />
the_invisible_man said:
think maybe the distin abuse came from the fact he was giving it the big one in front of our fans after pompey scored against us..

Aye there is another point too. Right in front of 118 that day. Prick.

Moving clubs doesn't make you a mercenary, Ricster.

He was a great player for 5 years in a team plummeting down the league.

Fair play to him. We missed him when he was gone.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:20 pm --<br /><br />
the_invisible_man said:
think maybe the distin abuse came from the fact he was giving it the big one in front of our fans after pompey scored against us..

Don't rewrite history.

He did that after he'd had dog's abuse from the fans.

His main reaction to the booing was one of shock, then he held up 5 fingers as if to say "I put 100% in for 5 years".

I'm not arsed, all football crowds can be kneejerk, spiteful and reactionary. You only have to listen to Utd fans giving Tevez abuse to realise that.

If a player lets it be known he doesn't want to play for a club any more he gets abused. If a player plays the PR game a bit more cleverly then they don't.

Didsbury Dave said:
Moving clubs doesn't make you a mercenary, Ricster.

He was a great player for 5 years in a team plummeting down the league.

Fair play to him. We missed him when he was gone.

-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:20 pm --

the_invisible_man said:

Don't rewrite history.

He did that after he'd had dog's abuse from the fans.

His main reaction to the booing was one of shock, then he held up 5 fingers as if to say "I put 100% in for 5 years".

I'm not arsed, all football crowds can be kneejerk, spiteful and reactionary. You only have to listen to Utd fans giving Tevez abuse to realise that.

If a player lets it be known he doesn't want to play for a club any more he gets abused. If a player plays the PR game a bit more cleverly then they don't.

I agree DD, moving clubs doesn't but moving clubs for more money, and to what was a club that was on par with City does.

Ricster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Fair enough mate.

Our supporters have given players like Distin abuse for no apparent reason before. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I gave Distin abuse cos he's a bloody mecenary where as Richard Dunne was a loyal serving player

-- Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 pm --

the_invisible_man said:

Aye there is another point too. Right in front of 118 that day. Prick.
He always got a good reception till he stood in front of us all in the south stand kissing the portsmouth badge on his shirt, I know a few were having a go at him but he should have risen above it.

malg said:
I worked in Brum for 2 years and enjoyed it. Nice bunch of blokes, and good on the piss. Not the biggest Rag haters in the world though, which worried me slightly - got into a lot of arguments about that one.

Just because they sound like thick twats it dos`nt mean that all of them are ...Villa fans usually seem ok but the brum city fans are a bunch of cnuts

you are right about them warming up to the rags ...very strange

Ricster said:
I agree DD, moving clubs doesn't but moving clubs for more money, and to what was a club that was on par with City does.

So anyone who moves jobs for more money is a mercenary?

Football is a career to these guys...a short one.

Why should Distin have showed us any loyalty? We were getting shitter every year, our best players were moving on, he'd lost the captaincy and Stuart Pearce was manager.

Distin never let us down, even when he knew he was off.

I bet you that most of these people on here saying "he shouldn't have kissed the badge" were supporting Adebayor when he celebrated in front of the Arsenal fans. It was the same scenario.

If a player gets a load of unjust abuse from a crowd they've a right to have a little dig back.

City fans started it - at their ground, I think I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.