Villa Fans

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I wanted to raise a point and this seemed the best place to do it.

In this thread Villa fans were getting plenty of stick for various things but mainly for the treatment of Gareth Barry. Its why I first signed up on here to try and put our views across.

Well I would just like to point out the reception before the West Ham game given to James Milner and the ovation he was given when withdrawn 5 minutes before time despite the fact that we all knew he was going.

I think it proves what I was trying to say in this thread, that the fans (not that it applies to all) bitterness towards Barry was more in relation to his conduct than his decision to leave. If anything as a fan base we are far more sorry to lose Milner than we were Barry yet Milner and his departure have been treated very differently.

I'm sure you saw fans getting his autograph as he left our training ground to travel up to Manchester.

I predict you will also see Milner receive a very different reception when he returns to Villa Park.

I'm not on here to slag off Barry, far from it but I think we as a fan base were judged unfairly as a result of his departure. Think what you will about that but my point was and remains it is not a basis to make the sort of comments found within this thread.

Villaninpeace said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I wanted to raise a point and this seemed the best place to do it.

In this thread Villa fans were getting plenty of stick for various things but mainly for the treatment of Gareth Barry. Its why I first signed up on here to try and put our views across.

Well I would just like to point out the reception before the West Ham game given to James Milner and the ovation he was given when withdrawn 5 minutes before time despite the fact that we all knew he was going.

I think it proves what I was trying to say in this thread, that the fans (not that it applies to all) bitterness towards Barry was more in relation to his conduct than his decision to leave. If anything as a fan base we are far more sorry to lose Milner than we were Barry yet Milner and his departure have been treated very differently.

I'm sure you saw fans getting his autograph as he left our training ground to travel up to Manchester.

I predict you will also see Milner receive a very different reception when he returns to Villa Park.

I'm not on here to slag off Barry, far from it but I think we as a fan base were judged unfairly as a result of his departure. Think what you will about that but my point was and remains it is not a basis to make the sort of comments found within this thread.

Fair enough mate.

Our supporters have given players like Distin abuse for no apparent reason before. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Milner didn't get a good reception, he was booed, he got an ovation when going off after playing a blinder and scoring. Clearly a fickle change of heart in the vain hope he might stay. I don't mind Villa fans as a whole though, I hope you have a good season, I honestly think you're better off without O'Neill.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Milner didn't get a good reception, he was booed, he got an ovation when going off after playing a blinder and scoring. Clearly a fickle change of heart in the vain hope he might stay. I don't mind Villa fans as a whole though, I hope you have a good season, I honestly think you're better off without O'Neill.

I've no problem with the fact he was booed at first as I'm sure most Villa fans expected him to go missing with one eye on his City move. The fact he won the fans over by bossing the midfield, scoring and putting in a trademark 100% performance shows just why we're signing the lad.

I might be proved wrong, who knows, but I think he'll be up there alongside Tevez as a firm crowd favourite by Christmas.

Damocles said:
Fuck Villa.

Fuck them for booing a club servant when he came home.

Birmingham fans are by far the better Midlands fans. In Midlands terms, Villa are the scousers, constantly reminding people about when they had Dalian Atkinson and Dwight Yorke and very nearly won the league. Birmingham are closers to what we are, at a topsy turvy club, always in the shadow of our rivals with a hardcore following.

i agree fuck villa and their shite fans!!

c4lv3rt said:
Damocles said:
Fuck Villa.

Fuck them for booing a club servant when he came home.

Birmingham fans are by far the better Midlands fans. In Midlands terms, Villa are the scousers, constantly reminding people about when they had Dalian Atkinson and Dwight Yorke and very nearly won the league. Birmingham are closers to what we are, at a topsy turvy club, always in the shadow of our rivals with a hardcore following.

i agree fuck villa and their shite fans!!
can't stand brummies full stop.

think maybe the distin abuse came from the fact he was giving it the big one in front of our fans after pompey scored against us..

I don't mind them tbh. There's some fuckwits the same as all clubs but they've yet to reach the level of bitterness displayed by Everton fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.