Villa Fans

Flixton is blue said:
blueshortshorts said:
I thought they were pretty good actually. In good voice before the game, in the shambles,with no aggro.

Then during the match they looked like they were having a bit of an awaday laugh ( especially the banana conga)...given that they just got knocked out of the race for 4th spot, they left the ground and mingled with City fans on the way back to Picadilly.

I'd rather have that, than their "zulu" neighbours
You obviously didn't go to Maine Road very often then-they always kicked off mate

I was talking about the fans that turned up today...did you go?

I know what they were like back in the day..but then again we were no angels were we?

quote="Damocles"]Fuck Villa.

Fuck them for booing a club servant when he came home.

Birmingham fans are by far the better Midlands fans. In Midlands terms, Villa are the scousers, constantly reminding people about when they had Dalian Atkinson and Dwight Yorke and very nearly won the league. Birmingham are closers to what we are, at a topsy turvy club, always in the shadow of our rivals with a hardcore following.[/quote]
Far more respect for Brum City,villa are wankers[/quote]

Bollocks Damocles.

Brum City fans are skanky bastids that have no class whatsoever.

birmingham city are propper die hards, i have lived and worked in brum, lived in kings NORTON, blues fans have more passion, , there is aways trouble between city and brum, GUVNERS v ZULUS, both fanatical and both take it too far, but villa are by far the better club, history dosnt lie, STILL THEY WILL NEVER GET CLOSE TO HAVING THE KIND OF LOYAL SUPPORT CITY HAVE, reguardless of what they have or havnt done.

blueshortshorts said:
Flixton is blue said:
You obviously didn't go to Maine Road very often then-they always kicked off mate
Yes i did attend the game today-East Stand season ticket holder-na na

I was talking about the fans that turned up today...did you go?

I know what they were like back in the day..but then again we were no angels were we?

colinbellsboots said:
birmingham city are propper die hards.

I know quite a lot of Birmingham fans being familiar with the area, and almost all of I've met have far more hatred for Villa than they have love for their own club. I was actually quite startled by it. We often get called bitter and obsessed with regard to the rags.. that's nothing compared to Birmingham fans with Villa. Quite a lot of them admitted at the start of this season, when everyone was expecting them to be battling relegation, that they would rather beat Villa and get relegated than lose both derbies and stay up.

I've often down the years visited this site to see what is happening at City or to see what is being said before or after a game. I've always had a lot of time for City ever since our game with you many years ago when we were in a title fight with Utd and your visiting fans were in great form at VP but never felt like signing up to post before.

As there was a thread devoted to Villa fans I thought I'd make the effort, I'm sure I will be greeted with abuse from some having read this thread but so be it.

The first thing I wanted to correct is the suggestion we didn't sell out, trust me we sold ever ticket you gave us. I know lots of people who tried everything they could to get a ticket for today but couldn't, we could have sold our allocation twice over, our forums have been awash with people seeking tickets.

If there were empty seats its because people didn't make it to the ground, you may have noticed rather a lot of pissed up people in costumes.

As for this notion Villa fans say City are a shit club... not really aware of that to be honest. I think a lot of us view City as a proper club, with good fans and a touch of class, don't mistake match banter for disrespect. As for those who say we didn't sing, I can only guess you were watching on a dodgy stream :D

Did our fans kick off in the old days? Yeah, didn't everyone's?

As for constantly reminding people about when we had Dalian Atkinson, mmm, funny most fans I know think he was a lazy bastard. ho hum.

As for Birmingham fans.... they can't even sell their own ground out when we turn up for a derby game thats how diehard they are.

Anyway I'm not going to waste my time telling you about them lot, take a trip to St Andrews next season you will see for yourselves.

The better team won today, you are on the verge of building a great side so long as a manager is given time and I look forward to you taking Utd down a peg or two in the coming seasons.<br /><br />-- Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 pm --<br /><br />
Kinky Dribbler said:
colinbellsboots said:
birmingham city are propper die hards.

I know quite a lot of Birmingham fans being familiar with the area, and almost all of I've met have far more hatred for Villa than they have love for their own club. I was actually quite startled by it. We often get called bitter and obsessed with regard to the rags.. that's nothing compared to Birmingham fans with Villa. Quite a lot of them admitted at the start of this season, when everyone was expecting them to be battling relegation, that they would rather beat Villa and get relegated than lose both derbies and stay up.

An accurate picture that they are totally obsessed.

Villaninpeace said:
I've often down the years visited this site to see what is happening at City or to see what is being said before or after a game. I've always had a lot of time for City ever since our game with you many years ago when we were in a title fight with Utd and your visiting fans were in great form at VP but never felt like signing up to post before.

As there was a thread devoted to Villa fans I thought I'd make the effort, I'm sure I will be greeted with abuse from some having read this thread but so be it.

The first thing I wanted to correct is the suggestion we didn't sell out, trust me we sold ever ticket you gave us. I know lots of people who tried everything they could to get a ticket for today but couldn't, we could have sold our allocation twice over, our forums have been awash with people seeking tickets.

If there were empty seats its because people didn't make it to the ground, you may have noticed rather a lot of pissed up people in costumes.

As for this notion Villa fans say City are a shit club... not really aware of that to be honest. I think a lot of us view City as a proper club, with good fans and a touch of class, don't mistake match banter for disrespect. As for those who say we didn't sing, I can only guess you were watching on a dodgy stream :D

As for constantly reminding people about when we had Dalian Atkinson, mmm, funny most fans I know think he was a lazy bastard. ho hum.

As for Birmingham fans.... they can't even sell their own ground out when we turn up for a derby game thats how diehard they are.

Anyway I'm not going to waste my time telling you about them lot, take a trip to St Andrews next season you will see for yourselves.

The better team won today, you are on the verge of building a great side so long as a manager is given time and I look forward to you taking Utd down a peg or two in the coming seasons.

-- Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 pm --

Kinky Dribbler said:

An accurate picture that they are totally obsessed.
fair play to you mate

i always liked villa and villa park since my first visit in 69
i lived in the midlands for three years too, but i thought the treatment of barry was disgraceful earlier in the season
today your fans were fine, i think the negative attitudes are from posts seen on the villa forums, but you will see the same here, its a forum

great common sense post villaninpeace .
thought your ummper lummpers were funny as fuck today.
saw loads of villa in town today enjoying our great city .
dont mind villa one bit....

Aye forums are like that, they draw polar opinions and some odd balls along the way not to mention people who just like to get a reaction.

I think it is very easy to be critical of the actions of fans towards a player from a far when you aren't always aware of all the facts or aren't emotionally involved.

Personally I didn't boo Barry but I understand those that did. The general feeling from many Villa fans was that we didn't really blame him, we thought you stood more chance of top 4 than we did, as has been proven to be the case. I don't think many begrudged him the chance or the money at this stage of his career given his service.

All that said some of his conduct stank such as his bitching in the press about O'Neill. Its very easy to say in your position you wouldn't have reacted in the same way but I think you would have done.

If the circumstances had been different and the positions of our clubs were reversed and it was your player I think I'd be seeing the same attitudes towards whoever it was on here as were expressed by some towards Barry. You simply cannot compare Dunne moving the other way and the reception he received from your fans as the circumstances are not even close to being similar.

Villaninpeace said:

The better team won today, you are on the verge of building a great side so long as a manager is given time and I look forward to you taking Utd down a peg or two in the coming seasons.

quote]

Nice one. Cheers for that.

Never had a bad feeling towards Villa if I am honest, but it was really good to make you STFU today.
Saw a lot of your fans at The Shambles today. How did that happen? Did you see us City fans on here talking about it? Anyway, it looked like madness when I got there but to be fair it turned out OK.

Don't even get me going on the skanky shite that follows Brum City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.