Villa Fans

Going away this season, I recall sitting at St Andrews and thinking how much the experance there and Villa Park are poles apart. I always enjoy Villa, lovely ground, nice fans and teams that try to go out and play football. Birmingham have none of that, their fans make the whole thing suck, their team(almost always)at set up to spoil and their ground is a shithole(but not Goodison Park level). I guess it's easy as City fans from afar to look on Birmingham as more "City like" but I for one will always look forward to trips to Villa more.

whats with all the animosity towards the villa fans ?
the way i saw it today,
loads of villa in town i fancy dress /colours
made as much noise as us
sold out
never feel threatened by villa unlike their neighbours
villa are a great club ,with good fans ,we`ve all boo`ed ex players (disten
)but it doesnt matter because football is fickle .
villa were sound today

cleavers said:
I hear that the 'great' Villa fans charged the new cordon at the end, and a couple got past it, but not much further. Bad losers ?

As I said all clubs have idiotic fans, there was some half arsed flare ups at the end from both sets of fans. My mate was hit by a bottle of coke thrown by one of your lot after we scored, these things happen sadly I'm not going to let it shape my entire outlook on your club.

cleavers said:
I lost all respect for them at "where were you when you were shit" just after kick off, this from Villa who 3 seasons ago was half empty when we beat them there.

Its called banter fella. I think we all know your attendances were excellent even when you were shit and in a lower division, even some of us at the game today looked at each other and said "mmm that doesn't really work" when people stated singing that.

cleavers said:
I lost further respect with the rendition of "This City is ours", that'll be Birmingham I assume, and not Aston, that's the City they don't even have in their name (or even on their badge), unlike the team called Birmingham City. At least in Manchester the team pretending to be from "our" City, do in fact use the City's name, even though they come from a local borough.

History lesson for you fella there is a reason for that. We were called Aston Villa because we were in Aston, while Birmingham were called Small Heath because, you guessed it they were in Small Heath both were outside the city. Both areas were soon incorporated into the city boundaries and both came to an agreement not to change names and to stick with their original ones. One club stuck to that promise the other didn't.

If you are going to have a pop at least know your stuff.

cleavers said:
Villa fans used to have some class, but envy seems to have overtaken them, though strangely I don't remember hearing them tell Lerner to shove his millions when he took them over after Ellis.

Lost quite a bit of respect for the Villa fans at Villa Park earlier this season, lost the rest today, fuck them.

Oh well, we will cope.

Thought the Villa fans were quite funny today, was good to see loads of them in fancy dress, didn't know all this tension was going on?.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Thought the Villa fans were quite funny today, was good to see loads of them in fancy dress, didn't know all this tension was going on?.

In the ground it was the normal kids and idiots on both sides with the "if that copper wasn't stood there...." bollocks.

Something was going on outside as well but I presume it was nothing much really, we walked away chatting with city fans.

10rquls.jpg

Villaninpeace said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

In the ground it was the normal kids and idiots on both sides with the "if that copper wasn't stood there...." bollocks.

Something was going on outside as well but I presume it was nothing much really, we walked away chatting with city fans.
As i posted earlier, villa fans were top today, well done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.