Villa is not actually a must win

We DO need to win it. I agree that it can be still done with a draw but we would be leaving it in the hands of a Burnley and Bolton defence.

Lets turn villa over by 2 clear goals and set up the big one. I feel if we can get over the hurdle of villa then we will go into the spurs game as determined as we could we want. CTiD

SWPISHOME said:
ThreeTeamSupporter said:
We need BIG performances from everyone, but especially:
- Whoever the keeper is
- Toure: don't relapse into being shite again, please
- Barry: it's going to tough against Milner/Petrov, Modric/Palacios
- Whoever our two full backs are against Tottenham: Bale and Lennon scare me A LOT
- Tevez: return to form (ok, he's only 2 bad games, but still) needed URGENTLY

Come on City, you can do it! And even if you can't, you can still put a shift in!

Gareth Bale scares you alot! The chap didnt start a Premier League game under Redknapp up until Januray (Redknapp was forced to play him due to injuries) Bale had two good games against Arsenal and Chelsea and suddenly people think hes one of the best wingers in the league. HES SH*T! Different story with Lennon he was Tottenhams best player ALL SEASON up until he got injured. Your right about Modric being dangeros, Gareth Barry will have to be at his best and trying to stop him. Palacios is a headless chicken who cripples people.

lennon is only just coming back, be amazed if he was at full pace, or played the full 90.

stick nige on modric, job's a gud un.

bizzbo said:
dw7 said:
yes it is because our goal difference is only 1 if it was 15/20 a draw on sat be ok

spurs lose on a tie in goal difference, so it's effectively 2

if we beat spurs 1-0 that becomes four, 2-0, they have to win their games by six more goals than us

worth bearing in mind, but we have to beat this lot, no excuses

exactly what i was saying,people dont seem to realise that if we win say 2 nil against them our gd goes up plus 2 and theres goes down minus 2 therefore on that won night alone our gd will be at least plus 4 more than them then it was at 7 oclok wensday

larderland said:
bizzbo said:
spurs lose on a tie in goal difference, so it's effectively 2

if we beat spurs 1-0 that becomes four, 2-0, they have to win their games by six more goals than us

worth bearing in mind, but we have to beat this lot, no excuses

exactly what i was saying,people dont seem to realise that if we win say 2 nil against them our gd goes up plus 2 and theres goes down minus 2 therefore on that won night alone our gd will be at least plus 4 more than them then it was at 7 oclok wensday

What's wrong with winning all 3?

kcmcfc said:
This thread is hilarious. Good point by the op in showing how it is mathematically not a must win. That is not up for debate. Obviously a win puts us in far better shape than a loss or draw but it is plausible to draw against Villa and still get 4th based on reasonable results.

He's not offering up a guarantee. Not having a go at anybody I just think it is funny the way some react.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!im like evryone else thinking i really want a win on saturday but ppl seem to think if we draw sat its all over,its not at all unless tottenham beat bolton by like 6 goals,see if u can get this in ur tiny brain!!

IF WE DRAW SAY 1-1 WITH VILLA WELL BE 1 AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM ON GD,SAY THEY BEAT BOLTON 2 NIL((FAIR ENUF PREDICTION AS THEY BEAT POMPEY 2 NIL FEW WEEKS BACK) so by sat night they will be 3 points ahead and gd of 1 better thEN US,

now this is the important part SO LISTEN UP,WE PLAY SPURS AND BEAT THEM SAY 2 NIL, OUR GD GOES UP 2 AND THERS GOES DOWN 2 therefore being level on points with them having a gd of plus 3,say we beat westham 1 nil or 2-1 they then must score 4 against burnley to be even with us and cant see burnley giving up that easy on there very last day of the season,theyl wanna bow out so i see mayb a 3-1 or 2-1 victory for tottenham.!!which will give us 4th by 1 or 2 goalsthats all im saying its still very much on even if we draw as whoever wins between us and spurs will get 4th!!

SWPISHOME said:
ThreeTeamSupporter said:
We need BIG performances from everyone, but especially:
- Whoever the keeper is
- Toure: don't relapse into being shite again, please
- Barry: it's going to tough against Milner/Petrov, Modric/Palacios
- Whoever our two full backs are against Tottenham: Bale and Lennon scare me A LOT
- Tevez: return to form (ok, he's only 2 bad games, but still) needed URGENTLY

Come on City, you can do it! And even if you can't, you can still put a shift in!

Gareth Bale scares you alot! The chap didnt start a Premier League game under Redknapp up until Januray (Redknapp was forced to play him due to injuries) Bale had two good games against Arsenal and Chelsea and suddenly people think hes one of the best wingers in the league. HES SH*T! Different story with Lennon he was Tottenhams best player ALL SEASON up until he got injured. Your right about Modric being dangeros, Gareth Barry will have to be at his best and trying to stop him. Palacios is a headless chicken who cripples people.

To be fair I've always thought Bale had a lot of talent. I remember seeing him play for Southampton and thinking he was going to be a star. Plus he's always looked very dangerous at international level. He just never managed to produce that for Tottenham until recently. We'll see, I suppose!

larderland said:
kcmcfc said:
This thread is hilarious. Good point by the op in showing how it is mathematically not a must win. That is not up for debate. Obviously a win puts us in far better shape than a loss or draw but it is plausible to draw against Villa and still get 4th based on reasonable results.

He's not offering up a guarantee. Not having a go at anybody I just think it is funny the way some react.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!im like evryone else thinking i really want a win on saturday but ppl seem to think if we draw sat its all over,its not at all unless tottenham beat bolton by like 6 goals,see if u can get this in ur tiny brain!!

IF WE DRAW SAY 1-1 WITH VILLA WELL BE 1 AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM ON GD,SAY THEY BEAT BOLTON 2 NIL((FAIR ENUF PREDICTION AS THEY BEAT POMPEY 2 NIL FEW WEEKS BACK) so by sat night they will be 3 points ahead and gd of 1 better thEN US,

now this is the important part SO LISTEN UP,WE PLAY SPURS AND BEAT THEM SAY 2 NIL, OUR GD GOES UP 2 AND THERS GOES DOWN 2 therefore being level on points with them having a gd of plus 3,say we beat westham 1 nil or 2-1 they then must score 4 against burnley to be even with us and cant see burnley giving up that easy on there very last day of the season,theyl wanna bow out so i see mayb a 3-1 or 2-1 victory for tottenham.!!which will give us 4th by 1 or 2 goalsthats all im saying its still very much on even if we draw as whoever wins between us and spurs will get 4th!!

Oh GOD!....

Probably unlikely that all games for us / spurs / villa will finish as expected.

The really good thing about a win vs villa is that it keeps the pressure on Spurs. If they slip up and only get a point against Bolton, then we would need to beat them at home to have 4th spot sorted out before the last game of the season.

Scooby Blue said:
Probably unlikely that all games for us / spurs / villa will finish as expected.

The really good thing about a win vs villa is that it keeps the pressure on Spurs. If they slip up and only get a point against Bolton, then we would need to beat them at home to have 4th spot sorted out before the last game of the season.
That's right. Plus if we can't beat Villa at home then we are unlikely to be able to beat Spurs, who are a much better team.

Not seen you for ages by the way. You know where to find us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.