Villa is not actually a must win

TheLegendOfBerti said:
i keep seeing this thread and it's bugging me, so here.

It is must win, absolutely definately a must win game.

If we don't win it we don't get 4th, end of.

100% This. If we dont get 3 points on Saturday then goodbye 4th spot.

SWPISHOME said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
i keep seeing this thread and it's bugging me, so here.

It is must win, absolutely definately a must win game.

If we don't win it we don't get 4th, end of.

Only it's not 100% is it?

Draw with Villa, Beat Spurs, Beat West Ham and it will be down to Goal Difference. We're ahead by 1. And if we beat Spurs that will be 3. We've also scored more goals, so it's effectively 4. Can you get that into your tiny brain?

Marvin said:
SWPISHOME said:

Draw with Villa, Beat Spurs, Beat West Ham and it will be down to Goal Difference. We're ahead by 1. And if we beat Spurs that will be 3. We've also scored more goals, so it's effectively 4. Can you get that into your tiny brain?

Are you saying that Spurs arent more than capable of getting a goal difference of +4 out of their last 2 games against Bolton and Burnley, I think they can quite easily 2bh, look what we did to Burnley.

This thread is hilarious. Good point by the op in showing how it is mathematically not a must win. That is not up for debate. Obviously a win puts us in far better shape than a loss or draw but it is plausible to draw against Villa and still get 4th based on reasonable results.

He's not offering up a guarantee. Not having a go at anybody I just think it is funny the way some react.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Marvin said:

Are you saying that Spurs arent more than capable of getting a goal difference of +4 out of their last 2 games against Bolton and Burnley, I think they can quite easily 2bh, look what we did to Burnley.
They are capable of doing so. They'd probably need to beat them at least 3 or 4-0. Very difficult to predict if 7 points including a win over Spurs would be enough. 50/50, but in no way is it 100% Spurs. Just work out a couple of scenarios and you'll see

Marvin said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
They are capable of doing so. They'd probably need to beat them at least 3 or 4-0. Very difficult to predict if 7 points including a win over Spurs would be enough. 50/50, but in no way is it 100% Spurs. Just work out a couple of scenarios and you'll see

it's theirs to lose, the pressure we'd be under against them if we didn't beat Villa would be incredible.

A win against Villa will put is in a great position, dont tell Mancini a draw is ok, please please, i pray, dont tell Mancini a draw is ok.

marco said:
spurs will slip up with one of bolton or burnley i fancy bolton to grab a point,infact i will have a wager on it at willy hill

i'm going for

city 3 villa o
spurs 1 bolton 1
city 3 spurs o

game over

bloody hope you are right ....come on valdimier weiss...time for your first premiership goal...preferably in the 93rd minute to make it 1-0 to bolton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.