Villa looking good....

I'm pretty calm , it's a long old season , Brum will hit the wall as soon as they are expected to win. Villa look a good team but I thought we outplayed them. Relax and let the season unfold, 70 odd points could win this league and we have the squad o go the distance.
Ok I'm 42 and would have shared in this panic in my youth but take it from me it's gonna be a good season and dont forget we are now competing at the top with a realistic chance for the first time since 1978

Tricky_Trev said:
At the time, i wasn't all that fussed that Dunne left. He looked a spent force. But right now, he is the best defender in the premier league. I can't think of any centre back that's been better than him this season. Maybe Roger Johnson at Birmingham, but's that's about it.

Maybe Dunnie needed the change to push him on

I aint botherd about what Dunney Is doing for Villa. The fact Is he was Inconsistant for us, and never a leader of men. Maybe the change after 10 years and no captains arm band Is the breath of fresh air he needed. Who cares he's history. Thtanks for the memories, but I am more Interested In the here and now.
If we dont Instruct the players to play all out for a win Tmrw at Spurs something Is badly wrong. The last thing on this earth we need Is another fuckin draw, and If Hughsie comes on and says It a good point Il'e kick the fookin telly In. Ime not getting on the Hughes thing, he's the manager and has my full support until If and when he's not.
I am also not avin this fookin geling shit..we gelled against Stretford, and Chelsea so bollocks to that for an excuse. We need a big performance Tmrw, and the next game and the next.
We have GOT TO start stringing runs together, winning runs. Not great wins (Chelsea) followed by, average, average, shite, average, great win, average, shite, average, great win etc etc.
Ime pissed off because I just fuckin knew all these 1 pointers would be shown up for what they are. The last 30 points, weve dropped like 18 points. That's not even mid table fuckin form. Tell you what I l'e gee the fuckers up, get em out to camp bastion In Afganistan never mind the Gulf. We need them to sweat blood for the shirt every game, not 1 on and 3 off mentality. What better chance will we have than the averageness of this frigin league this year??. Sorry but Ime just worried we aint gonna cut the mustard yet again. After 40 years I can smell that same old smell of Indifference.

GStar said:
Same happened lat season and they faded away...

it was widely noted that they had a great first eleven, but no back up... now look at their bench. they have last years centre halves as back up, reo-cocker and sidwell for back up in midfield, downing only just coming into the team and the choice of carew or heskey up front.

Neil McNab said:
I'd swap Robinho for Milner, Martin O'Neil, 3 points or a crate of Stella. For those saying that we've got some straight forward games coming up, I do wonder if you're posting from the nut house. I bet you walk along a wall of patterned wallpaper expecting something unexpected!

Anyone who thinks the coming games are easy probably thought the same before the games against Burnley and Hull

nickson71 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
At the time, i wasn't all that fussed that Dunne left. He looked a spent force. But right now, he is the best defender in the premier league. I can't think of any centre back that's been better than him this season. Maybe Roger Johnson at Birmingham, but's that's about it.

Maybe Dunnie needed the change to push him on
Yeah, quite possibly. What's frustrating though, is why can't a change push Toure on? It always seems to "push players on" when they join other clubs, but never when they join us!

remember arthur mann said:
re points "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

A bird In each hand, and one In the bush Is better!!

That's the mentality we need to lose!

Tricky_Trev said:

So we didn't get the best out of him then did we?..Let's see If we get the best out of this group of player's, and If we dont...WHY?

Villa fan here...

Our upturn in form recently has largely coincided with Downing coming into the team allowing us to drop Sidwell and bring Milner into central midfield where has been an absolute revelation. In our games against you and spurs our midfield was disjointed but we seem to be a different proposition now.

We are a lot stronger this year also due to more strength in depth with the likes of Warnock, Dunne, Colllins, Beye, Downing and Delph available with kids such as delfonseo, bannan and albrighton also impressing when called upon.

As we know from last season the race for Champions league is only over in May and its going to be nip and tuck between us, you and Spurs. I would be very worried if I was a Liverpool fan as they are one longterm injury to Gerrard or Torres away from missing out on Europa league let alone champions league.

For Villa to be genuine contenders we need to invest again in January. A top midfielder such as Van der Vaart and a top striker to play up front with Agbonlahor would make us a very decent team indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.