Villa Post Match Thread

I'm just watching the pre and post match on sky sports and ed chamberlain has just said..."and 38pts is enough to preserve aston villas 103 year reign in the top flight..."
They was in the old division two in 1987.....!!!!!
Have I missed something?

Vic said:
JohnnyMarrsGuitar said:
Sky Sports and the rest of the media just can't stand the fact that a couple of weeks ago they all had the scousers down as already winning the league. How fucking wrong can you be! Liverpool had premier league champions t-shirts printed up. I wonder if they are still selling them? No, I guess not.
I hear they'd started recruiting security for the victory parade. But Fred Done didn't pay out early.
I hear their security is run by G4!!!

AustinBlue said:
BillyShears said:
One of the most professional and impressive performances of the Sheikh Mansour era. Villa were a disgrace. Had zero interest in the football itself, were just happy to mark their men/area with scant regard for the match being played around them. They deserved to lose by more and it's a shame they weren't relegated.

That's harsh. When Mourinho does it, it's a "tactical masterclass." If Villa had shown up and tried to play us straight up, they would have been slaughtered and the manager would have looked inept. He gave his team a chance to get something out of the game. As long as they aren't trying to hurt our players, I don't think you can call that sort of approach a disgrace.

Just my opinion but it's not black and white because others will see it differently.

I remember Pearce playing with 11 behind the ball in a derby at home which was a NOTHING match because we couldn't finish any higher and we couldn't finish any lower. Same as Villa unless I'm mistaken.

What bothered me the most is that they turned up as if they were fucking Liverpool. West Ham won't play that way. Villa played with a back fucking 7 ... 5 centre halves and two full backs. Absolute disgrace in my book. ZERO intention to touch/play the football.

As for Mourinho. I'd rather stop supporting City than EVER have to see us put in the kind of performance Chelsea did at Liverpool. This wasn't David v Goliath ... it wasn't league 2 versus the premier league. In fact ... you see plenty of cup games where lower league teams play a desire to play the ball. What Villa did ... what Mourinho did at Liverpool ... sorry but that isn't football. Not in my book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.