Villa Post Match Thread

One of the most professional and impressive performances of the Sheikh Mansour era. Villa were a disgrace. Had zero interest in the football itself, were just happy to mark their men/area with scant regard for the match being played around them. They deserved to lose by more and it's a shame they weren't relegated.

" gezvilla says 08/05/14 10:02am

Its not Man City's fans fault that they have lots of money to spend. I guess its how you spend it and at the end of the day you have to support your team through the bad days in order to get days like this. City were in the old 3rd division and i have a lot of time and respect for the fans who went then and still go now. Great season for Chelsea, Liverpool and City....i just hope we will get a cash injection and maybe a new manager with quality players next season at Villa ;-) "

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287571/report#view-comments
I have loads of time for Villa fans, good bunch and they know where we were when we was...

BillyShears said:
One of the most professional and impressive performances of the Sheikh Mansour era. Villa were a disgrace. Had zero interest in the football itself, were just happy to mark their men/area with scant regard for the match being played around them. They deserved to lose by more and it's a shame they weren't relegated.

Have we upset Villa or Lambert?

I really couldn't understand their game plan.Why was it so important to them to show very little attacking ambition and defend like their lives depended on it?? The first half was a stinker because of their negative football,i imagine their supporters felt very much short changed.

On the plus side,it did show a superb attitude from our guys and another master class in calmness and tactical know how by the boss.

FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:

I really couldn't understand their game plan.Why was it so important to them to show very little attacking ambition and defend like their lives depended on it?? The first half was a stinker because of their negative football,i imagine their supporters felt very much short changed.

On the plus side,it did show a superb attitude from our guys and another master class in calmness and tactical know how by the boss.
Did lambert not say that villa would attack city.another shit at mind games.

FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:

because they had no other fit, attacking first team players other than Grant Holt, mainly, and a point against City away is a good result, and with the players available it was the easiest thing for him to do to try and get a result, which looks good to the board and the fans towards the end of the season considering he's not exactly adored at Villa Park.

FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:

Lambert did nothing wrong, he set his team up in the manner he believed to be the most likely to get them a result, if they had scored from one of those counters in the first half it could have been a different outcome.
Very few on here if any were critical of moaning Maureen for doing this at Anfield, we shouldn't criticise other managers for doing the same to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.