Villa Post Match Thread

aguero93:20 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Lambert did nothing wrong, he set his team up in the manner he believed to be the most likely to get them a result, if they had scored from one of those counters in the first half it could have been a different outcome.
Very few on here if any were critical of moaning Maureen for doing this at Anfield, we shouldn't criticise other managers for doing the same to us.

Jose had good reason for employing such tactics,Lambert's lot just seemed determined to try and spoil our party.As a supporter I would have liked my manager and team to at least give it a go,that showing was pathetic,possibly even spiteful.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:
Lambert did nothing wrong, he set his team up in the manner he believed to be the most likely to get them a result, if they had scored from one of those counters in the first half it could have been a different outcome.
Very few on here if any were critical of moaning Maureen for doing this at Anfield, we shouldn't criticise other managers for doing the same to us.

Jose had good reason for employing such tactics,Lambert's lot just seemed determined to try and spoil our party.As a supporter I would have liked my manager and team to at least give it a go,that showing was pathetic,possibly even spiteful.

well you tell me, from the players available, a team that Lambert should have played that would have given him a better chance of a result, and not just a team that you want to be deliberately open so that we can win 7/8-0.

BillyShears said:
One of the most professional and impressive performances of the Sheikh Mansour era. Villa were a disgrace. Had zero interest in the football itself, were just happy to mark their men/area with scant regard for the match being played around them. They deserved to lose by more and it's a shame they weren't relegated.

That's harsh. When Mourinho does it, it's a "tactical masterclass." If Villa had shown up and tried to play us straight up, they would have been slaughtered and the manager would have looked inept. He gave his team a chance to get something out of the game. As long as they aren't trying to hurt our players, I don't think you can call that sort of approach a disgrace.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

By that you mean that you wanted Chelsea to win but Villa to lose?

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

That is basically Villa's tactics against decent teams though, he did exactly the same to us at Villa park this season. Sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't. I don't like those tactics but then I don't see why we should expect anything else and I certainly don't see why we should expect teams to change their usual approach just because they have nothing to play for. Nothing wrong at all in us having to earn this right to the end.

I see your viewpoint JMW.

I just believe he was more concerned with being a party pooper.

I guess league position was a factor...... it just bored me shitless,thats my main gripe:-)

FantasyIreland said:
I see your viewpoint JMW.

I just believe he was more concerned with being a party pooper.

I guess league position was a factor...... it just bored me shitless,thats my main gripe:-)

he can't end the season with thumpings, he's still not convinced the Villa faithful despite the fact I think he's done a ok job with the resources he has, but he had no attacking resources other than Holt and a kid that he brought on, he had little extra width other than his full-backs and he had 3 fully fit regular CB's, so it was inevitable that he was going to try and get something by trying to hold out.

He's still lost 4-0 but Villa have come away with a lot more credit than they would have if they'd capitulated by being silly and open, it may be boring but you just have to win those games and prove your championship pedigree, the fun football was at the start of the season, and hopefully on sunday if we get a couple of early goals and enjoy ourselves.

If you thought that was dull West Ham will be worse, except they'll be far dirtier, far more physical and will hoof it to Carroll and try to hurt us on set pieces, Villa have no threat, West Ham do, but they'll still take the same approach.

JohnnyMarrsGuitar said:
Sky Sports and the rest of the media just can't stand the fact that a couple of weeks ago they all had the scousers down as already winning the league. How fucking wrong can you be! Liverpool had premier league champions t-shirts printed up. I wonder if they are still selling them? No, I guess not.
I hear they'd started recruiting security for the victory parade. But Fred Done didn't pay out early.

Vic said:
JohnnyMarrsGuitar said:
Sky Sports and the rest of the media just can't stand the fact that a couple of weeks ago they all had the scousers down as already winning the league. How fucking wrong can you be! Liverpool had premier league champions t-shirts printed up. I wonder if they are still selling them? No, I guess not.
I hear they'd started recruiting security for the victory parade. But Fred Done didn't pay out early.
With his record it's probably why they were so sure Pool were going to win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.