Villa post match thread

Silva_Spell said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Silva_Spell said:
Manager was shit (FL+YT+FR in CM against a nippy Villa? laughable)
Team was shit
Ref was shit (We had 2 blatant pens)
Atmosphere was shit

Good job Liverpool are even more shit
How do know the atmosphere was shit?

Because I watched the game?
On the telly?

In the end a great 3 points but there are some alarming aspects to our game not least our mentality when we concede. We look like a herd of Deer in headlights. Credit to Villa for their part in an entertaining game. They definitely deserved a point maybe more. They play an exciting and intelligent type of football. If they can keep some of their top players they're going to be some side to watch for next year. MOTM for me was easily Jack Grealish, what an incredible talent with great balance and vision. No doubt a future England star. Will never get a chance of signing him because he's Villa through and through. As for us I just want the season to end now. We need a complete overhaul and probably a new manager.

I'm thankful for the 3 vital points and for not having to endure a 442 formation, but this was a poor performance characterised by our seeming lack of desire. From the off Villa didn't show us any respect, they fought and harried us out of possession and at times it was they who looked like defending champions and we who looked like we were battling relegation.

Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form. We can pray for 3rd or even 2nd, but our form hardly deserves it.

Something is seriously wrong with the spirit of the squad. I only saw the desire to win that we used to have in spades for only brief periods today. Villa are the first team in SIX YEARS to come to the Etihad and have more possession than us. The thing that made us who we'd become over the last 4-5 years has slowly been eroded away and by the look of things I can't see how we can begin to regain it with our present set-up.

I'm no merchant of doom but now it looks like we've lost what has made the modern day Manchester City, I seriously fear for where we're going in the immediate future. I'm seriously dismayed that clubs who 2 seasons ago were beaten before they stepped onto the grass are now looking us square in the face and believing they can match and beat us which they are doing.......

Khaldoon's stoney face said it all. Over to you Txiki and Manuel...... Over to you

We have everyone on here in the prematch thread claiming any kind of win will do and somehow we end up with a win and the same people complain. The biggest difference between us this year is that we havn't won many of these games where we arn't good at all, while Chelsea have been poor in a lot of them but managed to get 1-0 or a 2-1.

That said personally I don't care about the performance, the boards decision to hang on to him after the derby is up till now the right one atleast.

Any update on Yaya's hammy injury?

Injury list starting to pile up a bit once again.

I expect a better performance next week against Spurs.

The points are all that matters as we know a number of changes are required over the summer.

citymad said:
In the end a great 3 points but there are some alarming aspects to our game not least our mentality when we concede. We look like a herd of Deer in headlights. Credit to Villa for their part in an entertaining game. They definitely deserved a point maybe more. They play an exciting and intelligent type of football. If they can keep some of their top players they're going to be some side to watch. MOTM for me was easily Jack Grealish, what an incredible talent with great balance and vision. No doubt a future England star. As for us I just want the season to end now. We need a complete overhaul and probably a new manager.

grealish a future english star ffs just tells tells u how shit we have become under this shit manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.