Villa post match thread

J_Bow said:
First team to have more possession than us in 6.5 years at the Etihad (PL games only)

Take back what I said, someone told me United had more possession than us last season when we beat them 4-1.

Dextersmate said:
blue city199 said:
Dribble said:
I'm thankful for the 3 vital points and for not having to endure a 442 formation, but this was a poor performance characterised by our seeming lack of desire. From the off Villa didn't show us any respect, they fought and harried us out of possession and at times it was they who looked like defending champions and we who looked like we were battling relegation.

Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form. We can pray for 3rd or even 2nd, but our form hardly deserves it.

Something is seriously wrong with the spirit of the squad. I only saw the desire to win that we used to have in spades for only brief periods today. Villa are the first team in SIX YEARS to come to the Etihad and have more possession than us. The thing that made us who we'd become over the last 4-5 years has slowly been eroded away and by the look of things I can't see how we can begin to regain it with our present set-up.

I'm no merchant of doom but now it looks like we've lost what has made the modern day Manchester City, I seriously fear for where we're going in the immediate future. I'm seriously dismayed that clubs who 2 seasons ago were beaten before they stepped onto the grass are now looking us square in the face and believing they can match and beat us which they are doing.......

Khaldoon's stoney face said it all. Over to you Txiki and Manuel...... Over to you

after watching the game today i would say apart from yaya every other player (including lampard who is going to be off this summer) looked motivated

but the team clearly grew frustrated after seeing that our manager tactics are not working

clearly pellegrini see not good enough and even he seems to know that he is just warming the seat for somebody else

can t realy figure out what plan we have but sin xmas we have been shit
Yaya had to go off ,a stud caught his sock,sadly it turned into a great big hole.
Missed him badly second half!...

of the season

Chippy_boy said:
Dextersmate said:
blue city199 said:
after watching the game today i would say apart from yaya every other player (including lampard who is going to be off this summer) looked motivated

but the team clearly grew frustrated after seeing that our manager tactics are not working

clearly pellegrini see not good enough and even he seems to know that he is just warming the seat for somebody else

can t realy figure out what plan we have but sin xmas we have been shit
Yaya had to go off ,a stud caught his sock,sadly it turned into a great big hole.
Missed him badly second half!...

of the season

Can't really blame him for that second half defensive shambles today.

Even one of our better player this season (Hart) has had some truly shocking games and he had one today...

Dribble said:
I'm thankful for the 3 vital points and for not having to endure a 442 formation, but this was a poor performance characterised by our seeming lack of desire. From the off Villa didn't show us any respect, they fought and harried us out of possession and at times it was they who looked like defending champions and we who looked like we were battling relegation.

Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form. We can pray for 3rd or even 2nd, but our form hardly deserves it.

Something is seriously wrong with the spirit of the squad. I only saw the desire to win that we used to have in spades for only brief periods today. Villa are the first team in SIX YEARS to come to the Etihad and have more possession than us. The thing that made us who we'd become over the last 4-5 years has slowly been eroded away and by the look of things I can't see how we can begin to regain it with our present set-up.

I'm no merchant of doom but now it looks like we've lost what has made the modern day Manchester City, I seriously fear for where we're going in the immediate future. I'm seriously dismayed that clubs who 2 seasons ago were beaten before they stepped onto the grass are now looking us square in the face and believing they can match and beat us which they are doing.......

Khaldoon's stoney face said it all. Over to you Txiki and Manuel...... Over to you

Yup. About says it all. The overhaul in the summer needs to be substantial

One of the worst performances of the season, and Pellegrini stood on the touchline with his hands in his pockets.
Players clearly not performing for him, and he has to go........now.

The same team and the was the same performance from the West Ham game, only this time Villa wasn't as poor as West Ham was. We literally don't have a clue what to do, there's no style, no invention and no movement. As it's been all season, it's give it to Aguero/Silva and see if they can do something or hope the other team mess up. Very fortunate to get anything from todays game, Villa were much the better team and that statement is very worrying. If we keep pellegrini next season, we lose our top 4 status.

Shit game. First half looked like a reserve team friendly and we had to rely on charity to win. Not acceptable at all in my view. City players look like they have nothing to play for. Reminded me of when I quit a job and I'm in my last week. Can''t be arsed doing anything and spend all day chatting and going for coffee and leaving early.
And judging by the empty seats it looks like the fans have given up early too. Will be glad when it's over and we start again. Hope to God we do something BIG in summer and have something exciting to look forward to in August.

citymad said:
Fingers crossed that 3 points will see us crawl over that line for 4th. We needed that today because we still have to play Swansea, Spurs and Southampton.

Yes, 3 teams in recent years we have scored against for fun, now we are concerned about them.

Shows how far we've declined recently

Job done , if that had been Mourinho , it would have been a great "win ugly" performance , but we get a load of criticism mainly from our own fans .If we finish top 3 , we have salvaged something from a very poor 2015 , we have set a very high standard over the last few years , and admittedly we have slipped below this in the last couple of months.
Despite UEFA's best efforts our club is going to be hugely successful over the next decade , so a couple of months of poor performances is not the end of the world , the main gripe is the attitude and application of some very good footballers , and that is definitely down to the management team , i really would like to see Klopp at the club , hes a proven winner and a passionate manager who gets the best out of his players. Two more wins guarantees champs league for a 5th season , and we need to sell the players who obviously do not want to play for the club or our manager , and bring in younger hungrier players and give some of youth players and players we have had on loan , a chance in pre season .

kupest said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
OB1 said:
Still too much at risk and 4th is not good enough and the battle for the top 3 could go all the way to the last.

really is that thing now ? does it really matter we are gonna finish in the top four. Give some of the youth a chance.

Kind of does. We don't have to play a playoff game to get into the groups.

The first team continue to play utter crap so I don't see how giving 1 young player per game 20-30 minutes off the bench or possibly a start is going to make us any worse at this stage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.