Villa post match thread

de niro said:
i repeat.

roll on summer.

There's a new deorderant with the fresh aroma of the warm season!?

Let's get a sponsorship before Real Sociedad get a whiff!

kupest said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Job done , if that had been Mourinho , it would have been a great "win ugly" performance , but we get a load of criticism mainly from our own fans .If we finish top 3 , we have salvaged something from a very poor 2015 , we have set a very high standard over the last few years , and admittedly we have slipped below this in the last couple of months.
Despite UEFA's best efforts our club is going to be hugely successful over the next decade , so a couple of months of poor performances is not the end of the world , the main gripe is the attitude and application of some very good footballers , and that is definitely down to the management team , i really would like to see Klopp at the club , hes a proven winner and a passionate manager who gets the best out of his players. Two more wins guarantees champs league for a 5th season , and we need to sell the players who obviously do not want to play for the club or our manager , and bring in younger hungrier players and give some of youth players and players we have had on loan , a chance in pre season .

Perfect post.
seconded. Good summary and nice to realise we only need two more wins. Would be great not have to play that qualifier though.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Dribble said:
I'm thankful for the 3 vital points and for not having to endure a 442 formation, but this was a poor performance characterised by our seeming lack of desire. From the off Villa didn't show us any respect, they fought and harried us out of possession and at times it was they who looked like defending champions and we who looked like we were battling relegation.

Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form. We can pray for 3rd or even 2nd, but our form hardly deserves it.

Something is seriously wrong with the spirit of the squad. I only saw the desire to win that we used to have in spades for only brief periods today. Villa are the first team in SIX YEARS to come to the Etihad and have more possession than us. The thing that made us who we'd become over the last 4-5 years has slowly been eroded away and by the look of things I can't see how we can begin to regain it with our present set-up.

I'm no merchant of doom but now it looks like we've lost what has made the modern day Manchester City, I seriously fear for where we're going in the immediate future. I'm seriously dismayed that clubs who 2 seasons ago were beaten before they stepped onto the grass are now looking us square in the face and believing they can match and beat us which they are doing.......

Khaldoon's stoney face said it all. Over to you Txiki and Manuel...... Over to you

Yup. About says it all. The overhaul in the summer needs to be substantial

Yep.

It was without a shadow of doubt the worst I've seen us play at home in years, incredibly poor.

blue city199 said:
Dribble said:
I'm thankful for the 3 vital points and for not having to endure a 442 formation, but this was a poor performance characterised by our seeming lack of desire. From the off Villa didn't show us any respect, they fought and harried us out of possession and at times it was they who looked like defending champions and we who looked like we were battling relegation.

Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form. We can pray for 3rd or even 2nd, but our form hardly deserves it.

Something is seriously wrong with the spirit of the squad. I only saw the desire to win that we used to have in spades for only brief periods today. Villa are the first team in SIX YEARS to come to the Etihad and have more possession than us. The thing that made us who we'd become over the last 4-5 years has slowly been eroded away and by the look of things I can't see how we can begin to regain it with our present set-up.

I'm no merchant of doom but now it looks like we've lost what has made the modern day Manchester City, I seriously fear for where we're going in the immediate future. I'm seriously dismayed that clubs who 2 seasons ago were beaten before they stepped onto the grass are now looking us square in the face and believing they can match and beat us which they are doing.......

Khaldoon's stoney face said it all. Over to you Txiki and Manuel...... Over to you

after watching the game today i would say apart from yaya every other player (including lampard who is going to be off this summer) looked motivated

but the team clearly grew frustrated after seeing that our manager tactics are not working

clearly pellegrini see not good enough and even he seems to know that he is just warming the seat for somebody else

can t realy figure out what plan we have but sin xmas we have been shit
The level of motivation I'm talking about was the motivation level of champions. I recall many matches where the opposition stepped up their workrate and efforts and we responded with an even greater level of workrate whilst still keeping control of the ball and applying even greater pressure on their goal-mouth whilst our defence just looked on as interested spectators.

Now when other teams increase the pressure on us, we retreat deep and look decidedly shakey. The fear factor the Premiership teams had for us has gone, they still respect us, but fear us no.

It took 4 years to build that fear factor & 12 months to completely erode it. Even with a major rebuild of our squad, can MP reverse our fortunes?

Tough on Villa that. They deserved at least a draw for the way they played today. It looked like two teams moving in opposite directions - they looked organised, eager, quick about the pitch and hardworking whereas we looked slow, predictable and often second best to the ball.

It was another lazy, sloppy performance. Starting Lampard and Yaya in the middle was a mistake. Delph and Grealish made them look like dinosaurs as they passed and moved the ball almost at will. When did Silva decide he doesn't have to tackle any more ? I saw him pull out of at least 2 tackles today. He wasn't like that last season. I thought he was poor again today. Why has Aguero stopped making runs to the near post ? Both Navas and Kolarov put decent crosses in today and I'm sure last season he'd have been on the end of some of them but he was stood still at the back post and Villa dealt comfortably with them.

A lucky win. One that shouldn't disguise the fact that the team is a million miles away from where it should be. More deadwood than the wreck of the Mary Rose and it needs clearing out. Oh and perhaps the players could check they have the right studs BEFORE the game started. The number of players slipping over at important times was embarrassing.

Three points - great. But ... we were the second best team playing at home against a team that will consider the season a success if it avoids relegation. I don't remember the last time I saw City packing the defence and panicking so much In the last couple of minutes ,

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if / when the chairman tells / told MP and the team what he thought of today's performance. I thought today typified our performance since the beginning of the year.

Dribble said:
Straight up, if we were down the bottom of the table I'd be shitting myself about relegation right now because our form in the last 3 months has been just that, relegation form.

Form over last 12 games would have us 7th. Not good enough by our standards these days, but certainly not relegation form. Still, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.