Villa tickets back on sale

goater1978 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
ell said:
Just got one, £58 a bit steep like

The fact they have taken so long to sell out shows the club got pricing wrong on this one.

Not really if it still sells out.

There is no benefit to the club to sell out a week earlier at £30 a ticket as opposed to selling out the day before at £58.

The club have only got the pricing wrong when they don't sell out games.

It is a fucking ridiculous price, though.

Pam said:
goater1978 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The fact they have taken so long to sell out shows the club got pricing wrong on this one.

There is no benefit to the club to sell out a week earlier at £30 a ticket as opposed to selling out the day before at £58.

No it isn't - you are paying to see the potential champions of England, in a game that decides the Premiership.
If you went to see One Direction, or a Lords test match or the Bolshoi Ballet, or went to Royal Ascot you would probably pay a whole lot more.
And most long suffering fans have seasoncards anyway.
It's called capitalism Pam, and it dictates that the best players in the world attract the highest wages, and the highest number of folk who want to see them perform.
Rich as he undoubtedly is, we can't expect Sheikh Mansour to let us watch these players for nothing, as I shudder to think what his wages bill is.
What is truly ridiculous is that non-league teams sometimes charge half as much to watch pub team football.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Pam said:
goater1978 said:

No it isn't - you are paying to see the potential champions of England, in a game that decides the Premiership.
If you went to see One Direction, or a Lords test match or the Bolshoi Ballet, or went to Royal Ascot you would probably pay a whole lot more.
It's called capitalism Pam, and it dictates that the best players in the world attract the highest wages, and the highest number of folk who want to see them perform.
Rich as he undoubtedly is, we can't expect Sheikh Mansour to let us watch these players for nothing, as I shudder to think what his wages bill is.
What is truly ridiculous is that non-league teams sometimes charge half as much to watch pub team football.

It is a ridiculous price - you mention capitalism but at the same time supply and demand has shown, by the availability of tickets that there isn't the demand there at that price. The club has now backed itself into a corner by going in high and now not being able to cut the prices to raise demand again for fear of alienating thousands that have already bought at the inflated price.

The pricing of tickets has little or nothing to do with FFP and an inflated wage bill, it’s somebody in financial planning trying to justify their salary by increasing match day revenue by x% when the reality is that, that match day revenue accounts for a tiny percentage of the club’s overall revenue. To me, at least, it’s strange that the club hasn’t introduced dynamic pricing yet, it’s something Glick has mentioned several times in the past and would go a long way to alievating the problems caused by charging home fans attending their first game £83.

de niro said:
Eds said:
The club should take them back from Viagogo, put them on sale at sensible prices and do it quickly. We need the place to be rocking with fans not tourists who fancy watching a football match.

bloody good shout.

I am full of good ideas

GazC said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Pam said:

It is a ridiculous price - you mention capitalism but at the same time supply and demand has shown, by the availability of tickets that there isn't the demand there at that price. The club has now backed itself into a corner by going in high and now not being able to cut the prices to raise demand again for fear of alienating thousands that have already bought at the inflated price.

The pricing of tickets has little or nothing to do with FFP and an inflated wage bill, it’s somebody in financial planning trying to justify their salary by increasing match day revenue by x% when the reality is that, that match day revenue accounts for a tiny percentage of the club’s overall revenue. To me, at least, it’s strange that the club hasn’t introduced dynamic pricing yet, it’s something Glick has mentioned several times in the past and would go a long way to alievating the problems caused by charging home fans attending their first game £83.

If the demand was there and City fans were prepared to pay those prices, there wouldn't be 138 tickets left on Viagogo for a match of this importance.

I have no doubt 100's/1000's of City fans have clicked on the OS, Viagogo link, but when they've seen the ticket price/s, plus the admin fee and VAT added at checkout, they've probably thought, f*** that, I'll watch it on TV instead.

jrb said:
If the demand was there and City fans were prepared to pay those prices, there wouldn't be 138 tickets left on Viagogo for a match of this importance.

Viagogo will always keep some tickets up until kick-off for matches they know will be sold out, just so they can turn up the price.
Supply and demand.

They want to make as much money as possible.

One left when I checked the South Stand just!

So how do this ViaGoGo work. Do you buy your ticket and then collect it at the MCFC ticket office?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.