Villa v City post match thread.

I know Mike Jones gave the penalty, but why wasn't Bacuna sent off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity when bringing down Sterling? He wasn't even booked!

Yet not so long afterwards, Bacuna committed a foul which, with his follow up actions, should have also been a red, and was only booked. Shortly after, yet another foul by him on Stirling. At this point, Jones called over his captain, Micah, and gave the guy a "final" warning.

Wonder if Howie Webb would have agreed?

I know it was already 2-0, and they would have been down to 10 men, but, come on, there are supposed to be Laws for this kind of behaviour.

All is well though. We have Stuart Attwell as the ref at Sunderland, not that incompetent Jones!
They seem to be a lot more lenient in the FA and League Cups, when the PL assessors aren't watching but that doesn't give them carte blanche to ignore the Laws of the Game completely. That whole set of events was a disgrace. I don't agree with the 'DOCGSO' rule when you give a penalty, as you've restored the goal scoring opportunity by giving the penalty, but it's the rule currently and Bacuna should have gone for that alone. Then he hauled down Sterling again and they had a little tete-a-tete, which I assume was the incident they were both booked for. But after that (but before Jones booked them) Bacuna grabbed Sterling by the throat and should, in theory have received a second yellow at the same time. But OK, Jones wanted to defuse the situation so issued a yellow to each of them.

But then Bacuna fouled Sterling again, for which a yellow would have been issued 9 times out of 10, and still he didn't go. He should have been subbed at that point.

@CelesteItis are you going to answer me? What Collymore said was factually correct, and if you think that me saying that is being supportive of the gobby prick then you're as thick as he is.
Sorry for the delay, was still reading the happy thread.

Collymore intentions is derogatory against the City's owner ethnicity, though the fact might be correct, its racist slur makes it wrong, methinks.

We managed to find a stream, thanks to Mrs Vienna's contacts on Facebook, though we were 2-0 up by the time we got it up and running.

Full credit to Pellers for playing the side he did, considering we couldn't score at Villa Park back in November. I am of the opinion that MP tried Sagna at centre-back today for two reasons:
1) To see if it would work.
2) To give MD a break.

Also, it was good to see the two Ferns and Fab playing together

And well done to Zaba for overruling Raheem and giving the ball to Nacho for the penalty, who's conversion of said peno was very Marioesque. And wasn't Kelechi very cool in taking his third? What a star we have in the making. And we only paid £350k? What a bargain.

A great performance and nice to be safely through to the fifth round.

They seem to be a lot more lenient in the FA and League Cups, when the PL assessors aren't watching but that doesn't give them carte blanche to ignore the Laws of the Game completely. That whole set of events was a disgrace. I don't agree with the 'DOCGSO' rule when you give a penalty, as you've restored the goal scoring opportunity by giving the penalty, but it's the rule currently and Bacuna should have gone for that alone. Then he hauled down Sterling again and they had a little tete-a-tete, which I assume was the incident they were both booked for. But after that (but before Jones booked them) Bacuna grabbed Sterling by the throat and should, in theory have received a second yellow at the same time. But OK, Jones wanted to defuse the situation so issued a yellow to each of them.

But then Bacuna fouled Sterling again, for which a yellow would have been issued 9 times out of 10, and still he didn't go. He should have been subbed at that point.

Unbelievable Jeff. I'm still glad he didn't send him off though. We needed at least a bit of competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.