Villa v City post match thread.

must of been like a day off for the back four
I thought the back four played very well, Villa had several spells of possession in front of our back four, but couldn't find a way through, and I thought all four (and Fernando) looked very assured. Sure Villa were poor, but lets not say that our defence did nothing because that is wrong.

Great win and all round team performance and fans wer great we definitely should of been given more tickets!

Great game. Two things that will stay with me from yesterday apart from our Zaba being an excellent captain and our players playing like a team again:

1) Our lesson to the Villa 'fans' on how to treat a player who has left the club. i.e. our reception when the 3 ex players names were read out and our applause when Sinclair was substituted and especially the chants for Micah and the 'Once a Blue always a blue'. No matter how Delph left them nobody knows what went on behind the scenes to make him leave. So they could have treated him with respect.

2) The Villa stewards: As I continually bore you with not being able to stand for the 90 minutes you will know that I usually manage to get a front row seat but on this occasion I didn't and mentioned this to the steward who pointed me in the right direction to my seat. At the beginning of the match he waved to me to come down to the front and one of our fans had kindly moved down a seat so that I could sit on the front row aisle seat. Then throughout the match three of the stewards at the front kept checking to make sure I was ok and at the end all 3 came over to wish me a safe journey home. Over and above the call of duty I think?

p.s. As Kippax91 says we definitely should have been given more seats, there were plenty there for us!!

Fuck me, if only there were web sites to check stuff before posting.
We lost to Boro LAST season; in 2015. Two seasons ago we got to the quarter final but lost to Wigan.
You even mention the defeat against Chelsea. Don't you remember the media fuss about Maureen giving Pellers a "lesson in football management", yet a couple of weeks later we beat them 2-0 in the fifth round? That's the fifth round we wouldn't have reached had we lost to Boro in the fourth round.

Thanks for the correction. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.