Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

The only good thing is that we are still only six games into the season, other teams have faltered. Concerning the central defence we need Demichelis back to have as an option and hopefully if he shows his Malaga form he will dominate alongside Vinny. Up front though we need to stick with first choice of Sergio and Alvaro - only problem is how long will it take for Edin to start sulking again. Like it or not Edin you are a superb impact sub but at present Negrado's work rate and skill at creating space for others is better. Looking forward to wednesday can't wait.

BobKowalski said:
Marvin said:
jake28 said:
Villa deserved the win. This "flukey" bullshit on here is absolute nonsense,bury your heads in the sand all you want but there will be plenty more Cardiff and Villa results to come. The next 6 games will tell us all we need to know about the current squad of players but I can see us being as much as 10-12 pts off the pace come early December, if that's the case then it's curtains in the league for us.
They had 4 shots on target. 1 goal was offside.

Look at the balance of possession.

Possession is good. If it means you control the game. If you control the game you restrict the opposition's ability to score by denying them the chance to score. They scored 3 and came back twice from being a goal down to win the game. That is not the hallmark of a team controlling the game. Possession with out control is an exercise in futility.

We had 67% possession yesterdray , but still managed to lose to probably Villas only three attempts on goal !

The City defending for the third goal was like something you'd see in a sunday league pub game , and the defending for the first was hardly any better .......

it's a fair bet that all and sundry connected with Aston Villa will wake up this fine morning and wonder how they even managed to win that game!

One big issue for me yesterday was when we retook the lead to go 2-1 up we stopped closing them down as quickly, I said this to the lads I was sat with and they all agreed. You could see Villa start to put one or two passes together and it gave them a foothold in the game, were they under instructions to do this or was it 'ok the jobs done they wont come back again'. Another crucial point for me was why have two on two at the back for there third goal, surely an extra defender always ??

johnbmcr said:
its the result that counts we lost we shouldn't have how many corners do we have to have to score a gaol? surely we need to get some basic footballing practice going between games to improve our set pieces and defending we need a response and that means some should be dropped from a great height

its not the first time we have been poor away and lost games when we should be cruising to victory not wishful thinking just an accurate analysis of what resources we have @ our disposal and what other teams in comparison have its embarrassing to think we cannot close a game down simply not good enough

I watched the game, our football was fantastic, one offside goal, a great free kick and freak 3rd don't change that. So we are playing great football and a result goes against us, there's not too much to fix. We will win the league by a good margin, only spurs are any real threat.

kippaxblue76 said:
One big issue for me yesterday was when we retook the lead to go 2-1 up we stopped closing them down as quickly, I said this to the lads I was sat with and they all agreed. You could see Villa start to put one or two passes together and it gave them a foothold in the game, were they under instructions to do this or was it 'ok the jobs done they wont come back again'. Another crucial point for me was why have two on two at the back for there third goal, surely an extra defender always ??

Piss poor attitude again imo, something the Manager has to weed out of the club but it'll take time.

bluemoon32 said:
kippaxblue76 said:

Piss poor attitude again imo, something the Manager has to weed out of the club but it'll take time.
Heard it said once that the best way to defend a one goal lead is to turn it into a two goal lead. Teams are never killed off while they're only one goal in arrears; ask QPR!!

Mr HJ said:
The only good thing is that we are still only six games into the season, other teams have faltered. Concerning the central defence we need Demichelis back to have as an option and hopefully if he shows his Malaga form he will dominate alongside Vinny. Up front though we need to stick with first choice of Sergio and Alvaro - only problem is how long will it take for Edin to start sulking again. Like it or not Edin you are a superb impact sub but at present Negrado's work rate and skill at creating space for others is better. Looking forward to wednesday can't wait.

Id agree with all of that,without doubt our best 11 does not accomodate Edin,thats not to say he's a bad player......just the fact we have better.

I too think Demichellis will partner Vinny and he will hopefully bring a calmness and composure we are occassionlly missing.Nasty is a lucky lad having two superb mentors.

Despite yesterdays result..... we are playing fine football and the Bayern game will be fantastic.

bluemoon32 said:
kippaxblue76 said:

If the manager and coaches couldn't see it from the sidelines then you need your leaders on the pitch to step up, Vinny, Zabba etc, "come on boys lets put this to bed and fucking steamroller these now"<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
bluemoon32 said:
kippaxblue76 said:

Heard it said once that the best way to defend a one goal lead is to turn it into a two goal lead. Teams are never killed off while they're only one goal in arrears; ask QPR!!

Exactly, Keep going like we did against the rags until we kill them off.

Hanger said:
Its exactly what happened last season, dominate play but not finishing teams off. Happened for Mancini and now for Pellegrini , need to start turning dominance into goals.

Could explain why Mancini wanted Cavani. Dominating possession against lesser teams doesn't impress me in the slightest. It's what you do with it that counts.

kippaxblue76 said:
bluemoon32 said:
kippaxblue76 said:

If the manager and coaches couldn't see it from the sidelines then you need your leaders on the pitch to step up, Vinny, Zabba etc, "come on boys lets put this to bed and fucking steamroller these now"

-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm --

jimharri said:
bluemoon32 said:

Exactly, Keep going like we did against the rags until we kill them off.

We have a few flat track bullies, fine if the opposition roll over but can be a problem if they don't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.