Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
TGR said:
What's my point?
Have a think about it ducky and get back to me...
You don't have a point though, other than bring back mancini, which isn't even slightly likely.

Wrong! (Again)
My point was not about bringing back Mancini.
My point wasn't about the new manager.
My point was about our over sensitive, fragile, delicate players.
Re-read my post and you may just comprehend.

TGR said:
cleavers said:
TGR said:
What's my point?
Have a think about it ducky and get back to me...
You don't have a point though, other than bring back mancini, which isn't even slightly likely.

Wrong! (Again)
If you say so, I don't remember all your positive posts while we dismantled Plzen, United, or Wigan, but I guess they're all just shite, and we were lucky to get them on their bad days.

We deserved more today. We played well. However, I cannot agree with those who say this result was a 'fluke' or 'one-off'. No, it wasn't. We keep conceding these clear-cut chances from nothing. Maybe Villa got lucky today, but Hull were unlucky not to be two-nil up after about fifteen minutes. Even when we look secure we seem capable of surrendering a couple of quick goals from nowhere. We have conceded three goals on seven occasions now since Mancini left; Norwich; Chelsea; Chelsea; AC Milan; Arsenal; Cardiff; Villa. Obviously four of them were post- and pre- season and the Chelsea matches were effectively exhibition matches but conceding three goals against three bottom-half opposition in the space of seven league games does not seem like an accident. I remember that one of the biggest sticks I used to beat Hughes with was that we conceded three goals on five occasions in just seventeen games. It took Mancini over a hundred league games to concede three goals on five occasions. The contrast said a lot. Now we've done it thrice in the space of seven league games against poor opposition. Where's the 'fluke'? Where was the 'fluke' in us being the best defence for the past three years? OK, we're moving to a more attacking style of play - a we-will-score-more-than-you-to-win kind of play. Fine, if it works. I don't wank off to Baresi and Maldini. However, is it going to work? I continue to have doubts that it will work and that perhaps we need to strike a better balance away from home.

The players some champion the most have been a bit of a let down.
Zaba: certainly isn't the player of this year. Now that Richards is fit he should defo see more games and should have played this one because I'm pretty sure he won't be starting the Bayern game.

Nas: might have to relinquish his almost guaranteed spot as #2 CB, he's still very young but certainly not the player that uprooted Kolo and Lescott this season, he's also played a lot. Might have to go back to VK/JL partnership for a few games.

Joe hart: it's time to give him a rest outside of cup games. That free kick was horrible positioning, great FK but he was so far away all he could do was stand there. 3rd goal was a mess. It's time to give Pants a run in the league to see if we have to find ourselves a new GK in the future.

Milner: simply not a winger, he's Theo Walcott without the pace and goal scoring ability, he's best served in the midfield not head down woofing cross behind the net or running out of real estate time after time. Navas shows you every game for the most part when to play the cross in and Milner doesn't give you the same option.

Dzeko/Negredo partnership only works with Silva/Navas on the wings otherwise they get in each other's way too often.

Someone one twitter mentioned that our lack of English players has taken the heart out of our team that would usually finish a game like this. So much international flair is fun when we are blowing teams out but we don't have enough heart to finish close games for a full 90. The American announcers over here on NBC kept mentioning the lack of heart as their talking point today.

Honestly Richards and Lescott should be starting after this this Bayern game and Milner should be on the bench and sub for the central midfield.

Ducado said:
Eaglechief said:
cleavers said:
or lots of WUM's, I know which I think it is.

Nahh, it's just human nature to vent our fury when we lose, but when we win we're happy to overlook any weaknesses in the team's performance, hence less posts when winning (especially from me).

Bollocks and you know it, you may be a City fan but that does not stop you being a wind up merchant, to only come on here to vent your anger and never take part in any of the discussions is quite a sad state of affairs

And what discussions would that be?

Erm.......Do we rim Pelligrini first and then blow him or do we blow him first and then rim him? These seem to be the major topics since Pelligrini took over judging by some of the posters comments.

Unless we all absolutely fall in love with our new hapless manager (who has won fuck all in Europe to prove it), we just get insulted for saying it was wrong to have sacked Mancini (a proven trophy winning manager)!

cleavers said:
TGR said:
cleavers said:

Wrong! (Again)
If you say so, I don't remember all your positive posts while we dismantled Plzen, United, or Wigan, but I guess they're all just shite, and we were lucky to get them on their bad days.

They are all just shite actually.

Skashion said:
We deserved more today. We played well. However, I cannot agree with those who say this result was a 'fluke' or 'one-off'. No, it wasn't. We keep conceding these clear-cut chances from nothing. Maybe Villa got lucky today, but Hull were unlucky not to be two-nil up after about fifteen minutes. Even when we look secure we seem capable of surrendering a couple of quick goals from nowhere. We have conceded three goals on seven occasions now since Mancini left; Norwich; Chelsea; Chelsea; AC Milan; Arsenal; Cardiff; Villa. Obviously four of them were post- and pre- season and the Chelsea matches were effectively exhibition matches but conceding three goals against three bottom-half opposition in the space of seven league games does not seem like an accident. I remember that one of the biggest sticks I used to beat Hughes with was that we conceded three goals on five occasions in just seventeen games. It took Mancini over a hundred league games to concede three goals on five occasions. The contrast said a lot. Now we've done it thrice in the space of seven league games against poor opposition. Where's the 'fluke'? Where was the 'fluke' in us being the best defence for the past three years? OK, we're moving to a more attacking style of play - a we-will-score-more-than-you-to-win kind of play. Fine, if it works. I don't wank off to Baresi and Maldini. However, is it going to work? I continue to have doubts that it will work and that perhaps we need to strike a better balance away from home.

I don't think you will find may who will disagree with you, but the 3 goals were quite fluky, it's something they will have to get over and get over quick

Skashion said:

I could tell you why the we-will-score-more-than-you-to-win kind of play didn't work today, but I don't want
to start Zlatan off again.

Ducado said:
Skashion said:

I don't think you will find may who will disagree with you, but the 3 goals were quite fluky, it's something they will have to get over and get over quick

The goals were not 'flukey' just as the 3 goals against Cardiff were not 'flukey' - it was piss poor defending in the majority of cases. We have to stop trying to defend the indefensible. Since the change of management our defensive record is very poor. Other aspects of the team have improved undoubtedly but our defense is currently bobbins!

Why did we lose today?

* Substitutions:
Zaba / Milner on the right, Nasri / kolorov on the left combinations were working well for us. Milner change cost us both linkages. Kolorov / Milner made each other redundant (Pressure on left, gone). Navas is too fast for Zaba and losses the ball a lot (Pressure on right, gone). Nasri no longer dropping in, linking mid to attack, creative gone. We've conceived 2 goals in those 5-10 minutes when the team was trying to adjust to this total change.

We looked to score a third. Instead of sealing it, we changed our tactics, mucked the working system, gave them a breather and they got lucky. He should've pulled Dzeko and played a holding midfielder if he was happy with the 2-1. And dont get me started on Jovtic.

* Underestimate teams:
Pelle didn't learn from the Cardiff Lesson, which is worrying.

* Focus:
Come the 66th minutes, he was thinking of the Bayren game. If he makes the PL second priority we night not be in it next year.

* Nasty:
Is partially responsible for the first goal and to blame for the other two. He's given away a foul in the same position against utd which Roony scored from in the Derby. He gives cheap fouls in dangerous areas. The last joke (Goal), Kompany went for the ball and instead of covering him he dragged his feet looking for an offside after failing to clear the ball- being the last defender, he should've chased the ball till the whistle.

Whats good about today?

1. We dominated today. Never mind the loss. Big improvement from the Cardiff / Hull horror performances.
2. Pelle has identified how to position Nasri and Yaya. It was painful to watch them lost on the pitch the first few matches.
3. He's enabled Milner to shine. I am not a fan of him, but his latest performance (when in the right position) was really good. Especially linking with Zaba and feeding Dzeko/Negrido.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.