Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

The players and manager were guilty of complacency yesterday - it's not ok just to turn it on in the big Games. Only zabba, Kolarov, fernandinho, Yaya and Nasri came out of yesterday with any credit, plus navas when he came on. All the others were poor.

we played some excellent stuff yesterday but if we make silly mistakes, not put chances away it will cost us! absolute gutted , oh an cant forget that there first goal was offside!! anyway we cant keep losing these silly games, it WILL cost us, these are the games you look back at the end of the season an say we should of won that! we have lost to cardiff, villa an drew to stoke an tbh the only hard team we have played is united! that is worrying

Bluekiwi said:
NoahCity said:
Bluekiwi said:
The ups and downs of City fans - from ecstasy to gloom.

Villa's tactics totally outsmarted us - they lulled us into a sense of complacency with the ineptitude and our defence just switched off as they had so little to do. But the dumb bugger with the red and yellow flag was hopeless making many wrong calls which seemed to favour the home team - their first goal.

But our defending was shocking. Needless foul in a very dangerous position (result second goal). Centre backs asleep when their goalie actually managed to kick the ball down the middle of the pitch instead of his usual touch finding punts - third goal.

Villa players and fans will wake up shortly and realise they didn't dream the result - it actually happened. Play crap and still get the points - only City can be so benevolent.

But what really annoys me is that we could have put an even bigger gap between us and the rags.

Oh well, that's life for a City fan.

I personally didn't think the pairing of Dzeko and Negredo didn't work very well. Thoughts??
omfg

Did my dry sense of sarcasm go over your head?

It's called SAS (selective attention span).<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 am --<br /><br />
Bluekiwi said:
NoahCity said:
Bluekiwi said:
The ups and downs of City fans - from ecstasy to gloom.

Villa's tactics totally outsmarted us - they lulled us into a sense of complacency with the ineptitude and our defence just switched off as they had so little to do. But the dumb bugger with the red and yellow flag was hopeless making many wrong calls which seemed to favour the home team - their first goal.

But our defending was shocking. Needless foul in a very dangerous position (result second goal). Centre backs asleep when their goalie actually managed to kick the ball down the middle of the pitch instead of his usual touch finding punts - third goal.

Villa players and fans will wake up shortly and realise they didn't dream the result - it actually happened. Play crap and still get the points - only City can be so benevolent.

But what really annoys me is that we could have put an even bigger gap between us and the rags.

Oh well, that's life for a City fan.

I personally didn't think the pairing of Dzeko and Negredo didn't work very well. Thoughts??
omfg

Did my dry sense of sarcasm go over your head?

It's called SAS (selective attention span).

Lot of possession , little created, no world class forward. With Sergio we would of opened villa up. Both our goals were slightly fortunate and that's about that. We were the better side but yet again came away with fuck all. Expect more results like this until we become used to grinding out results away.

Luckily none of our main rivals have had a flying start either. Well except the gooners but they haven't got the quality to last the course. We'll turn this around and find our form, just got to give Pelle a little bit longer to get some of the rest of the team pulling their weight. Once Silva and Aguero start blasting we'll be fine.

i8rags said:
Lot of possession , little created, no world class forward. With Sergio we would of opened villa up. Both our goals were slightly fortunate and that's about that. We were the better side but yet again came away with fuck all. Expect more results like this until we become used to grinding out results away.
Is it the year 2012?

i8rags said:
We had 21 shots on goal, so the "little created" comment doesn't really make sense. And "Both our goals were slightly fortunate", really?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.