Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

ColinLee said:
i8rags said:
Lot of possession , little created, no world class forward. With Sergio we would of opened villa up. Both our goals were slightly fortunate and that's about that. We were the better side but yet again came away with fuck all. Expect more results like this until we become used to grinding out results away.
We had 21 shots on goal, so the "little created" comment doesn't really make sense. And "Both our goals were slightly fortunate", really?
So if we break it down we scored off 2 set players. Negredo, Kolarov, Jovetic and Nasri had shots at the keeper. So 15 of those were high wide and not very handsome. The point the guy is making is clear cut chances. Which he is right about.

i8rags said:
Lot of possession , little created, no world class forward. With Sergio we would of opened villa up. Both our goals were slightly fortunate and that's about that. We were the better side but yet again came away with fuck all. Expect more results like this until we become used to grinding out results away.

My (albeit limited) understanding of how our DOF wants us to play is attacking football, attack attack attack even when we are winning. Its possibly why they fell out with Mancini. Unless there is a change of heart we are not going to be grinding out results any time soon.

Jumanji said:
spanishblue said:
Jumanji said:
Not at all.

Did you see the game ?
Nasri wasn't at fault for the shocking goals. His impact on the game had diminished anyway.

Even without Nasri, we were on the front foot.
That's nonsense, Nasri had just taken the corner for Dzeko to score!

That sub completely took the momentum from us. Same happened at Cardiff. Utter stupidity

Paulmcfc2703 said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Lets call it a day on this now,it was a freak result.
I wonder how many away games this will be said this season. I'll start the bidding at 8

Is the same every season....."freak result" "dodgy officials" "we will still piss the league" "our squad is better than everyone's" "we are only x points off the top" "arsenal are shit" "is the season over yet".......

Top and bottom of it is we were 20 mins of winning 6 points against Cardiff and Villa and we ended up with none....that Is just not good enough however you look at it and for me it's the players who are to blame not Pellegrini.

How many times do the other top sides throw winning positions away like that in the last 20 minutes....bet it doesn't happen more than once a season, yet it has happened to us twice in 3 away games.

This sloppiness we seem to have needs cutting out and quickly.

It's clear how good we can be from the performances agains the rags and Geordies but this inconsistency will kill us.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Jumanji said:
spanishblue said:
Did you see the game ?
Nasri wasn't at fault for the shocking goals. His impact on the game had diminished anyway.

That sub completely took the momentum from us. Same happened at Cardiff. Utter stupidity
Sure he took a good set piece, but I'm talking about open play.

If you ask me, the goals took the momentum, not Nasri's sub.

We created chances even with him off the pitch.

Jumanji said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Jumanji said:

But we didn't look any wear never as good<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:01 am --<br /><br />
Jumanji said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Jumanji said:

But we didn't look any wear never as good

Jumanji said:
spanishblue said:
Jumanji said:
Not at all.

Did you see the game ?
Nasri wasn't at fault for the shocking goals. His impact on the game had diminished anyway.,

Nasri was pressing all the time and kept the momentum and tempo high, I agree think we were less of a threat when he was taken off, accepted that their equalising and winning goals were a shit ref decision and bad defending keeping, but personally think we had a better chance of equalising with Samir on the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.