Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

We were a bit jaded after playing a big game on Tuesday and its no excuse but having 3-4 regulars out for 6 weeks will eventually take its toll.

Losing Bony didn't help our set up either.

We had the chances to come away with three points but we didn't take them so we move on.

Our season will depend on how often we have a strong eleven available which includes Kun and Silva.

8-2-2 is a pass mark going into the break.

Unlikely to require more than 76 points to win the title this season.

Not sure if the league has been won on 76 or lower before in this era. More likely it will require low to mid 80's a total which we are still on target for.
Also when we win the league it is customery for us to put in a very strong finish which tends to compensate for points lost earlier in the campaign.
This year our faith may well depend on keeping Kun fit and on form for the majority of games. If we can manage this I for one am feeling confident!! Keep the faith

The game was there to be won irrespective of a poxy throw-in and a bit of time-wasting.

Dwelling on this sort of trivia is the stuff of Hughes and Mourinho.

Well we are still top of the league and I would be a lot more disappointed if we drew at home with Spurs (who we routinely beat every year) than an away draw which frankly can happen any time. Every team raises their game playing in front of their home crowd against the league leaders, especially with a newly minted Manager. Yes we missed 2 gilt-edged chances + Fernando's free header, but that happens in all games. How many chances had Aguero missed this season before he netted his hatful against Newcastle?

A lot of what you say makes sense but no way can I accept a 'Tired team'. We had four full days to recover from the Sevilla game. How on earth do teams cope with Europa League combination of Thursday/ Sunday? Spurs didn't look particularly tired yesterday. I accept they were at home but they only had two full days to recover.
They also had a game against Villa on Monday night

I Was stood right in front of the throw in, the linesman clearly signalled for a Villa throw in, Sagna was convinced it was a City throw in and took it, not even sure he looked at the linesmans flag, the linesman immediately flagged to indicate it wasn't our throw in in the first place. No villa players complained about the throw in so they didn't seem to realise it was their throw and assumed they had got a freekick.

Have little complaints about the ref yesterday. Didn't really have any big calls to make, didn't think the Sterling chance was a penalty at the time and i've seen it back on tv since and it wasn't. He let the game run relatively smoothly in the main. Yes he was fairly weak, and allowed them to time waste too much but it's not worth moaning about and he booked Guzan eventually. The ref was not a factor in the result and that's all you want from him.

Well we are still top of the league and I would be a lot more disappointed if we drew at home with Spurs (who we routinely beat every year) than an away draw which frankly can happen any time. Every team raises their game playing in front of their home crowd against the league leaders, especially with a newly minted Manager. Yes we missed 2 gilt-edged chances + Fernando's free header, but that happens in all games. How many chances had Aguero missed this season before he netted his hatful against Newcastle?

Spot on. A bit too much negativity in the air today. It is a game we needed to win and should have won but drew. However, it will only matter if
we lose the legue by a point in May. Do we need to start certain games with greater intensity? Sure we do. But when we eventually got going yesterday we
done more than enough to win and 9 times out of ten we would have. Minor issues could be raised concerning the managers substitutions and the quality of the ref but
on balance it was the rub of the green against an obviously improved Villa which denied us. So lets move on to Liverpool and make Klop feel even more alone. Keep the faith!!

The game was dull, not too many chances...we've played alot better this season put it that way. Yes were missing Silva and aguero but wth squad we have...we would of put a few past them on the other game. It certainly wasnt worth the overreaction it was getting yesterday.

Throw ins and time-wasting is no excuse...it just wasnt our day...end of. And to be fair...villa played fairly well against us and give us a game.

Spot on. A bit too much negativity in the air today. It is a game we needed to win and should have won but drew. However, it will only matter if
we lose the legue by a point in May. Do we need to start certain games with greater intensity? Sure we do. But when we eventually got going yesterday we
done more than enough to win and 9 times out of ten we would have. Minor issues could be raised concerning the managers substitutions and the quality of the ref but
on balance it was the rub of the green against an obviously improved Villa which denied us. So lets move on to Liverpool and make Klop feel even more alone. Keep the faith!!

The one positive for me was the clean sheet and lack of sloppiness at the back which is often a feature of our play when we don't win. The West Ham home game was a worse result because that was thrown away before we even got started. I still expected us to beat Villa though. We now have three harder away games and will have to play a lot better than that to win those.

The game was there to be won irrespective of a poxy throw-in and a bit of time-wasting.

Dwelling on this sort of trivia is the stuff of Hughes and Mourinho.

Sure it was, but when you don't win a game that was there for the taking, you pick over the bones of what went wrong. Everything is debatable, whether it be KDB and Sterling's finishing, Yaya's performance, Pelle's substitutions, our game-plan and set up (involving both Ferns when away at the league's bottom club).

The performance of the officials is simply one more in a long list of things to pick over. Nobody, I think, is saying we would have won but for the ref. Mourinho moans about refs as a way of deflecting attention from the fact his team didn't play very well. Nobody is doing that here, but it is one more thing to discuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.