Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

why cant the doc come on like they do in rugby

Its a bit easier to treat a player in rugby without them getting in the way of the play, or of the players getting in the way of the medics. The ball has usually moved to a different part of the pitch to where the injured player is being treated. The ref will stop the play if they get too close to the player being treated, or if its a very serious injury..

In football, because of the way that the ball pings about the pitch, it could become a bit chaotic.

The one positive for me was the clean sheet and lack of sloppiness at the back which is often a feature of our play when we don't win. The West Ham home game was a worse result because that was thrown away before we even got started. I still expected us to beat Villa though. We now have three harder away games and will have to play a lot better than that to win those.

Agree with all this. They didnt have a single decent chance. No wonder Joe Hart fumbled the throw in from Gestede as his limbs had probably seized up through an hour of inactivity. West Ham was also a worse result as we were playing at home.

Not sure what you mean?

He did say pre-match that any result would be a good result after sevilla game,wrong attitude for me to go into a game with the bottom team but it's all water under the bridge now anyway

I think he was trying to big up Villa to prevent the team getting complacent. Cant seriously imagine he came to Villa Park looking for a point.

Not sure what you mean?

He did say pre-match that any result would be a good result after sevilla game,wrong attitude for me to go into a game with the bottom team but it's all water under the bridge now anyway
It's a load of bollocks and had no bearing on the result. I've seen a couple of posters try and bring what was in essence Kompany not belittling the opposition as a reason for not winning and it's bizarre.

Really disappointed to read many of the comments in this thread.

It's what I have heard over many years from Liverpool and Utd fans after games they had not won.

Was really lucky to be in Seville last Tuesday for one of the best City performances ever, against one of the worlds top club teams, as confined last night against RM.

The criticism against MP is not fair - it was not his fault that a number of our players on the day could not finish from very close range.

With a little more luck we could (and should) have won by 3 or 4 goals.

We are still top of the league and into the next stage of the CL and last eight of the C1 cup.

MP and all the backroom staff deserve our full support.

Really disappointed to read many of the comments in this thread.

It's what I have heard over many years from Liverpool and Utd fans after games they had not won.

Was really lucky to be in Seville last Tuesday for one of the best City performances ever, against one of the worlds top club teams, as confined last night against RM.

The criticism against MP is not fair - it was not his fault that a number of our players on the day could not finish from very close range.

With a little more luck we could (and should) have won by 3 or 4 goals.

We are still top of the league and into the next stage of the CL and last eight of the C1 cup.

MP and all the backroom staff deserve our full support.
I am with you on this the negativity has been really over the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.