Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

71 pages for a 0-0 draw against Villa in 3 hours, 52 pages for that brilliant result in Spain in 4 days, just about sums up the standard of posting on here at the moment, the board is infested by flappers and WUMs.

City in crisis, top of the league, and already qualified for CL group stages. YCMIU.

Bobbins.

Disappointing that the manager seems to have very little faith in Iheanacho as well.

We've had worse results against worse teams, but we really should be beating the side that's bottom of the league, new manager or not. Not good enough today.

I think it was obvious from the 45' onwards that Toure should have got the hook for Iheanacho. Iheanacho up top, Sterling and Navas on the wings, KDB behind & the Fern's sitting.

Thought we were lucky to get a draw today. Sterling was unlucky when the ball hit Guzan in the face from 3 yards, maybe Bony would have got over the ball and scored.

Thought it was a tight first half. Second half you battered us and we held on. A draw about fair and a big point for us.

Don't worry, the league is yours.

As per the debate on 3 in midfield, here are my 2 cents

3 in midfield will work against teams who will attack, but against teams who set out to defend because it becomes too conjusted in midfield for our free flowing play, arsenal and liverpool away would be a good choice to play 3 in midfield but dont see that possiblity with other teams in the league.

The 3 worked a treat in Seville, largely because Fernandhino was sensational. He couldn't be expected to repeat such a high energy performance 5 days later and quite sensibly he played a different type of game. That said, given the players available it wasn't unreasonable to field the 3 again, albeit he must have known it was never going to have the same impact.

Bobbins.

Disappointing that the manager seems to have very little faith in Iheanacho as well.

We've had worse results against worse teams, but we really should be beating the side that's bottom of the league, new manager or not. Not good enough today.

I agree, but I would have played kelechi up front with bony, we didn't need to make a statement with out midfield with Yaya Fernandinho and fernando one of them could have been dropped for a 4-4-2 that would have surprised villa

It wouldn't have been my choice either to put navas on instead of kelechi, I just think as a team it almost wouldn't have mattered who was up front we were poor today and we not going to change that unless we had a real game changer in kun to come off the bench, not someone that could be a prospect
If you get me?
We'll have to agree to disagree as to the teams over all performance, as I still maintain there wasn't much wrong that a goal or two wouldn't have sorted out and today's performance was certainly no Sevilla at home.

On another note, prospects will only become good players if given the chance to play and the trust of the manager. Today none of that happened until 7 minutes before time so it was no surprise that Kelechi had little effect on the game. What must be going through the lad's head.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.