Villareal

Hi Jay

Can you find out about trains back to Valencia after the game as we are keen to stop in Valencia night before game and night of match.

Cheers, would be much appreciated

The train situation back to Valencia after the game is a tricky one. The last train to Valencia on a normal day is around 22:40(ish) which is about the time the game will finish. The train station is also about 20-25 min walk from the ground so it will have to be planned trains they put on for after the game. I would have my reservations that the Spanish authorities are capable of arranging that so I'll try to keep my ears and eyes open.

Alternatively, Villareal is about 60km from Valencia and I reckon would cost about €80-100 so between 4 isn't too bad.

If we get really stuck I could probably hire a coach or 2 from Valencia. I used a coach company when I got married here and they're very good and pretty cheap so always an option.

Just a heads up ...

Car rental for ford fusion/focus booked with opodo.co.uk (using auto europe), pickup 31st Oct, drop off 3rd Nov, TOTAL PRE PAID PRICE 40 QUID !!!

No point in messing about with trains/buses !

Impeccable One said:
Just a heads up ...

Car rental for ford fusion/focus booked with opodo.co.uk (using auto europe), pickup 31st Oct, drop off 3rd Nov, TOTAL PRE PAID PRICE 40 QUID !!!

That's ok if you're going to drive to the match but if you want a beer it won't work.

jay_mcfc said:
The train situation back to Valencia after the game is a tricky one. The last train to Valencia on a normal day is around 22:40(ish) which is about the time the game will finish. The train station is also about 20-25 min walk from the ground so it will have to be planned trains they put on for after the game. I would have my reservations that the Spanish authorities are capable of arranging that so I'll try to keep my ears and eyes open.

Alternatively, Villareal is about 60km from Valencia and I reckon would cost about €80-100 so between 4 isn't too bad.

If we get really stuck I could probably hire a coach or 2 from Valencia. I used a coach company when I got married here and they're very good and pretty cheap so always an option.
Is it really that far from the ground? Thought you would be able to lap the whole town twice in that time!

mike channon´s windmill said:
Is it really that far from the ground? Thought you would be able to lap the whole town twice in that time!

Yep, at least 20 mins. I cover Villareal B games as part of my job and sometimes get the train.

jay_mcfc said:
Impeccable One said:
Just a heads up ...

That's ok if you're going to drive to the match but if you want a beer it won't work.

Just use the car for airport/hotel run, but use public transport for the match night. Lots of people flying in to Alicante or Barecolna and looking at trains/buses, when car rental is cheaper.

jay_mcfc said:
mike channon´s windmill said:

Yep, at least 20 mins. I cover Villareal B games as part of my job and sometimes get the train.

Just Googled it - fook it couldn´t be any further away - another masterpiece of Spanish urban planning;)

if anyone is flying into alicante, if you can get me a ticket( i will pay) i will take you to villareal and drop you back at alicante or benidorm free. i can take up to 4 passegers. cheers mac

mac said:
if anyone is flying into alicante, if you can get me a ticket( i will pay) i will take you to villareal and drop you back at alicante or benidorm free. i can take up to 4 passegers. cheers mac

Kind offer from this man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.