Villarreal Fans

bluevengence said:
[bigimg]http://p.twimg.com/AcEYnKrCEAAXYSd.jpg[/bigimg]

OK, so perhaps not for disabled supporters.... But you need a pic of CB level 2 where the directors box is.... you'll find a lot more of them up there!

When it comes to away followings Fulham have bragging rights over that lot

They brought around 12 fans to our place this year. Villareal fans don't have any songs, they brought around 30 fans to Porto last year. Spanish fans are just awful, distance isn't a excuse. Italian fans have to get boats to some away games because their so far. Bari took 9000 to Roma a few years back that an 11 hour journey. The greek teams always bring 1000s to England depsite the fact their all skint. The Turks always take thousands despite the fact most of Turks live in poverty. Everton took 7000 to Benfica they only took 1800 fans to our place, despite the fact half or Portugals population support Benfica. Their generally awful fans in Spain and Portugal.

I'm guessing the ones in the corporate area were the families of players and as such all on freebies. I sat in there for Dynamo Kiev and it was the same then.

standupefc said:
They brought around 12 fans to our place this year. Villareal fans don't have any songs, they brought around 30 fans to Porto last year. Spanish fans are just awful, distance isn't a excuse. Italian fans have to get boats to some away games because their so far. Bari took 9000 to Roma a few years back that an 11 hour journey. The greek teams always bring 1000s to England depsite the fact their all skint. The Turks always take thousands despite the fact most of Turks live in poverty. Everton took 7000 to Benfica they only took 1800 fans to our place, despite the fact half or Portugals population support Benfica. Their generally awful fans in Spain and Portugal.

although i agree with most of what you are saying, a lot the italians, greeks and so on live here so it will be obviously easier. but yes compared to everyone else the spanish sides away support is laughable.

It wasn't a corporate section, it was normal seats, block 228, next to the directors box.

They were very quiet, even the goal celebrations were a bit muted. Also at the end of the game they didn't look too upset. A few of them were still laughing and joking with each other.

I saw a few Spain shirts/flags as well, so my guess is that they were spaniards living over here and not necessarily Villareal fans

chaddblue said:
It wasn't a corporate section, it was normal seats, block 228, next to the directors box.

They were very quiet, even the goal celebrations were a bit muted. Also at the end of the game they didn't look too upset. A few of them were still laughing and joking with each other.

I saw a few Spain shirts/flags as well, so my guess is that they were spaniards living over here and not necessarily Villareal fans
Surely there would have been season ticket holders in that block?

Not sure, but I got moved to that block as my normal seat in the East Stand isn't available for CL games

talksport said today that no one travelled from spain there were 20 or so ex pats , villareal themselves didn't request any tickets for last nights game , economy worse than ours in spain...

daveyip said:
talksport said today that no one travelled from spain there were 20 or so ex pats , villareal themselves didn't request any tickets for last nights game , economy worse than ours in spain...

Talksport in talking shite shocker!

Villareal sold, wait for it, TWENTY FIVE tickets for this game.

I am in 307 and the weird thing last night, was 5 minutes into the game, LOADS of Spanish men and women started filtering into our block, and 308.

They must have spent loads in the club shop, as most had some item of City merchandise about their person!

A bizarre night that's certain.

Also, why did everyone turn up late? Was it the problems near Mancunian Way delaying everyone? With 5 minutes to go til kick off, the ground looked about a third full!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.