Villarreal v City Post match Discussion thread

Fantastic performance by City today. Truly dominated the match, they never looked in it. And we seam to be able to dominate away against stiff opposition. This is the mark of a powerful and confident side.

Truly can't wait until we play Bayern at home. Will be a real test!

I have just arrived home from the Villarreal v City match, and have not read this thread so forgive me if I repeat what others have said!!....................OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A TEAM............ I am still pinching myself. This was unbelievable, we played them off the pitch, the atmosphere was incredible, we sang and sang and sang and marvelled at the team.

THANK YOU CITY. Now I may go to bed!!

p.s. No I have not had a drink, I am drunk on the euphoria and atmosphere!!

Hoping that Napoli will play for a 0-0 draw against City thinking that we won't beat Bayern at home and that they will qualify on head-to-head rule. Big mistake. Also I fancy Villareal will play their socks off in their final game to avoid finishing with zero points. Despite my earlier pessimism, we are now in pole position...well, at least on the front row of the grid alongside the Germans. Nicosia in the Last 16 please.

Villarreal were massively understrength tonight, in trouble in the league and will be out of it and may even play more kids home to Napoli in the final round. Bayern will have probably won the group by the time they travel to Manchester. A defeat or a 0-0 in Napoli and we're in trouble.

Panthera Tigris said:
Villarreal were massively understrength tonight, in trouble in the league and will be out of it and may even play more kids home to Napoli in the final round. Bayern will have probably won the group by the time they travel to Manchester. A defeat or a 0-0 in Napoli and we're in trouble.
Agreed. I still think we need to beat Napoli, and that won't be easy - especially given their comeback in Munich last night. They were good at our place as well. This is still going to be tough.

Oh, and I thought the game was shite. Boring. I know we kept the ball, and I enjoyed Yaya's second, but overall if I wasn't a Blue I'd have turned off after the 1st half, and certainly after 10 mins of the second.

malg said:
Panthera Tigris said:
Agreed. I still think we need to beat Napoli, and that won't be easy - especially given their comeback in Munich last night. They were good at our place as well. This is still going to be tough.

Oh, and I thought the game was shite. Boring. I know we kept the ball, and I enjoyed Yaya's second, but overall if I wasn't a Blue I'd have turned off after the 1st half, and certainly after 10 mins of the second.
If we can win at old Trafford we can win in Napoli... Still think we bear bayern at home anyway

Why was Balotelli booked? I’m guessing it was for decent but can’t remember the commentators explaining the reason why.

andrewmswift said:
that was honestly kind of boring. to be fair, boring in the best way possible, so this is far from a complaint.

Bobby banged his head. That was interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.