Villarreal v City Post match Discussion thread

Nelly's Left Foot said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
The group is still ours for the taking no reason we can't win both games and if we win 2-0 it will start to get quite interesting for top spot.

For us to get top spot Bayern have to lose in 2 weeks against Villareal.It's much more likely that we will be 3rd.A defeat in Naples will probably guarantee that and even a draw there means we will have to beat Bayern which won't be easy at all.

Let's hope we do it the easy way and win the next game.
I must be missing something if Munich win against Villarreal that puts them on 13 points....If we win both games that puts us on 13 points(both teams having drawn one and lost one).

Nelly's Left Foot said:
The group is still ours for the taking no reason we can't win both games and if we win 2-0 it will start to get quite interesting for top spot.

For us to get top spot Bayern have to lose in 2 weeks against Villareal.It's much more likely that we will be 3rd.A defeat in Naples will probably guarantee that and even a draw there means we will have to beat Bayern which won't be easy at all.

I must be missing something if Munich win against Villarreal that puts them on 13 points....If we win both games that puts us on 13 points(both teams having drawn one and lost one).

Ok then we need to beat Bayern by more than 3 nil. Can't see that either but maybe I just need to be more optimistic :)

ban-mcfc said:
MC ID said:
I'm happy with the victory, it reminded me of both the wolves and everton match. Hopefully this will kick start a good run in the CL.

Also, is it just me or when you score 2 goals you get subbed? Did I miss a memo :/

yaya had been playing very well and working hard, we had already closed out the game and saturday is now the most important thing, not a player scoring a ha-trick, to keep winning!

people criticized mancini before the game for his team selection, and now you are criticizing him for pulling a player off after we 3-0 up. fuck me.

As someone said it was just an observation as I remember it happening a few times, If you think I dislike Mancini I will gladly prove you wrong by cuddling the man for many hours thanking him for the FA cup and the beautiful football we play. You of course would have to provide Mancini.

MC ID said:
ban-mcfc said:
MC ID said:
I'm happy with the victory, it reminded me of both the wolves and everton match. Hopefully this will kick start a good run in the CL.

Also, is it just me or when you score 2 goals you get subbed? Did I miss a memo :/

yaya had been playing very well and working hard, we had already closed out the game and saturday is now the most important thing, not a player scoring a ha-trick, to keep winning!

people criticized mancini before the game for his team selection, and now you are criticizing him for pulling a player off after we 3-0 up. fuck me.

As someone said it was just an observation as I remember it happening a few times, If you think I dislike Mancini I will gladly prove you wrong by cuddling the man for many hours thanking him for the FA cup and the beautiful football we play. You of course would have to provide Mancini.

i am mancini, eezz important to never question me.

you cunts ;)

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Ok then we need to beat Bayern by more than 3 nil. Can't see that either but maybe I just need to be more optimistic :)
Actually with a 2-0 win(assuming we match their win over Villarreal we are 1 up on them as it stands).

MC ID said:

I read in Brian Clough's autobiography (a great read) that he would often take a player off if he had scored two goals. It changes the mentality of the player and whilst he's still on the pitch it can make playing as a team more difficult. Not just because the player in question will be less inclined to pass, but because others will actively seek them out.

Saying that, I doubt that was the case on this occasion. I think we were just resting Yaya for the weekend.

Personal opinion about Napoli - they will do well to get within 2 goals of us. They basically don't play football and you can't win games having only 35% possession imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.