Villarreal v City Post match Discussion thread

balkanno said:
bayern blade said:
Marvin said:
I don't see any German football apart from the Champions League games. The only German team that impresses regularly in the Champions League is Bayern which suggests that the standard isn't that great? You beat us comfortably though

Of course but then all the top leagues have only one, two or three decent sides. Believe me the average Bundesliga team is every bit as good as Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham etc etc.

Anyway lads I'm off to bed, we've both won tonight and let's enjoy it. I hope things ae decided before we meet again.

Good night all.

Fulham has beat Wolfsburg (german champion that time) and Hamburg (4th pos that time).

Stoke would, in a home match, smash even das Rags.

You cannot make that up on single games. You have the results in other directions, too. And it often depends on playing styles, too, and how much they fit or they oppose to the playing style in your country. Bayern e.g. never had to much problems with spanish teams.

Schalke e.g. can beat every team in the world on a good day. But they are a cup team.

Have you seen the Bayern game today? If you have the chance look the first half time.

The first halftime was a real great game of Bayern. They just made a stupid foul short before halftime and got a goal with a freekick. Then Schweinsteiger got injured in a foul. I cannot really translate it. Shoulder-Edge-Injury - he was directly rushed into the hospital and probably will not play anymore this year. That destroyed the game then. Two yellow-reds for both sides, a lot of fouls, Napoli got another 3 cards and Zuniga will not play in your game. And another freekick with a goal for Napoli. I guess there is a team that has to learn standards.

Actually you have everything in your own hands now. Beat Napoli and you are through the group stages, no matter what Bayern does. They will beat Villarreal at home - there is not much doubt about that. The last game could be a show down then. Robben is soon coming back into the team training so he should be in then again - but Bastians miss is something that can be compensated with a couple of changes but is not easy. But better it happens now than later in the season.

Re: Jim Beglin.

Irwell said:
I didn't expect Keane there either, but to be fair to him I don't think he said much wrong. He said we are a good side but named four teams he thought were better in Europe and I agree they probably would be.

Barca and Real I agree, would be the sides, but only those. Us, Bayern, Milan would all be equal relatively speaking.

MC ID said:
I'm happy with the victory, it reminded me of both the wolves and everton match. Hopefully this will kick start a good run in the CL.

Also, is it just me or when you score 2 goals you get subbed? Did I miss a memo :/

I thought that, does Mancini not like the idea of hattricks?

MC ID said:
I'm happy with the victory, it reminded me of both the wolves and everton match. Hopefully this will kick start a good run in the CL.

Also, is it just me or when you score 2 goals you get subbed? Did I miss a memo :/

yaya had been playing very well and working hard, we had already closed out the game and saturday is now the most important thing, not a player scoring a ha-trick, to keep winning!

people criticized mancini before the game for his team selection, and now you are criticizing him for pulling a player off after we 3-0 up. fuck me.

ban-mcfc said:
MC ID said:

yaya had been playing very well and working hard, we had already closed out the game and saturday is now the most important thing, not a player scoring a ha-trick, to keep winning!

people criticized mancini before the game for his team selection, and now you are criticizing him for pulling a player off after we 3-0 up. fuck me.

Don't think it was a criticism, just an observation.

good 3 points, the next one is the crunch game, we need to get a result at napoli imo, but the villa win will give us confidence

DontLookBackInAnger said:
The group is still ours for the taking no reason we can't win both games and if we win 2-0 it will start to get quite interesting for top spot.

For us to get top spot Bayern have to lose in 2 weeks against Villareal.It's much more likely that we will be 3rd.A defeat in Naples will probably guarantee that and even a draw there means we will have to beat Bayern which won't be easy at all.

Let's hope we do it the easy way and win the next game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.