Vincent Kompany 2015/16 performances

Hello All!
Saved my very first post on BlueMoon to comment on this one :-). As a Doctor of Physiotherapy, I've actually been monitoring Kompany's injuries and recoveries for the past several months (when this series of knocks began to be more regular). Granted, I don't have the luxury of examining Kompany personally, but from what I've seen and read through training pictures and videos, and articles, of him being treated and trained, it seems that his problem is more global (dealing with his skeletal alignment, hip and pelvic alignment, and posture). The team's docs and physios have, technically, done "what is necessary" to get him ready to play for the next game, but seems to not have addressed the deeper nature of his dysfunctions.
The situation is akin to not having a level or sound foundation with a house: the problems with the home will initially manifest as the doors closing "funny" or the windows "not tracking right." You can buy the most expensive doors and windows to replace those that aren't working, but it still doesn't address the deeper issue of the home's foundation.
As it deals with Kompany, his calves are going, his hips/thighs/groin are also now being injured, and if he continues on this same track of just receiving "myopic" treatments (merely addressing those particular areas that are breaking down), it won't surprise me if his knees and/or low back would be next to get injured (the areas and joints immediately above and below those areas which have already been injured).
Is he fixable? Absolutely. But the nature of his medical and physio treatments have to focus more on ensuring that his hips, pelvis, spine and posture are all more patent and aligned. Once these areas are addressed, everything should fall back into place.

Thank you for allowing me to chime in!

Most enlightening, please post again

Would you care to pursue a new career in Manchester, England?

I've spoken to your people in Washington and they have agreed a six month sabbatical

Seriously! WTF is all this bullshit about getting rid of Vinnie?

It breaks my heart to see him go off injured once again, but lets get behind him as we always do.
Hes a fucking legend, and forever will be. As long as he wishes to continue there will be no fucking discussions.

Hell come back stronger, im sure of it!

All this bullshit? We've got behind him on every one of his last 16 or whatever injuries. But the stark reality is he hasn't been fit for a season in years, as a result his form is topsy turvy or he's not even in the squad. He's played 24 matches this season and been injured and gone off in 4 or 5 of those. It's hardly bullshit to see life needs to be planned for after Kompany.

All this bullshit? We've got behind him on every one of his last 16 or whatever injuries. But the stark reality is he hasn't been fit for a season in years, as a result his form is topsy turvy or he's not even in the squad. He's played 24 matches this season and been injured and gone off in 4 or 5 of those. It's hardly bullshit to see life needs to be planned for after Kompany.

Dont care if he cant even finish one game for the next 5 years. We shouldnt push him out. Not saying we cant plan the future, but the day we replace him better not come until he says his no longer up for it.

He needs a long break from football to get fit - maybe to learn to walk and run again. Of course he'll try and make the Euros - which is why I don't have much sympathy.
City come first Vincent. Everything else follows from that.

Dont care if he cant even finish one game for the next 5 years. We shouldnt push him out. Not saying we cant plan the future, but the day we replace him better not come until he says his no longer up for it.

I care and so will the manager and club. He can stay as a coach or ambassador role if he wants to stay but our club are wanting to move on in terms of playing staff.

I care and so will the manager and club. He can stay as a coach or ambassador role if he wants to stay but our club are wanting to move on in terms of playing staff.

i would love for vinny to enter the pep back room staff. the guy will become a very good manager, and one day hopefully could manage city.

give him one season under pep to see if he can get some prolonged game time, but if not i think it would be wise for him to hang up his boots and look to the blue future, before he does some permanent damage to his legs.

pep, paddy then vinny, now that is a long term strategy for our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.