Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel terribly sorry for him

He is clearly so worried about breaking down yet again and the implied consequences thereof, that he now has psychological issues to deal with in order to even step out onto the pitch

What I do know is that he is our captain and leader, who deserves respect and best wishes

St Vincent is the very cornerstone of everything the club has achieved over the last five years

"There is no injury," said manager Roberto Martinez. "We did not want to take any risks with him and Kompany did not feel well after the warm-up."

is vinny possibly suffering from the same mental problems that Michael Johnson had? the fear of injury again is making him question everything?

is vinny possibly suffering from the same mental problems that Michael Johnson had? the fear of injury again is making him question everything?
I think the mental side is a big issue. If you do played scared and worried you'll get hurt that's when you get hurt badly because you pull out of challenges etc. I'm gutted for him, was the best defender I've seen in a city shirt and possibly the best CB in the world for a period.

Kolorov is a fake hardman and a woeful defender......he doesn't have 1% of the commitment to the club that Kompany has. His performances have been vastly overrated this season in every sense and he is a liability. If Kompany cant play we need a new centre half and a new left back as soon as possible.

Pep doesn't have any decision to make...Kompany and him along with the doctors will make the decision....Pep isn't a doctor and will take advice. He would be insane (and wrong) not to,

No one knows at present why he pulled out tonight.....Maybe he just didnt feel something was quite right and he is doing exactly as the city medical staff have told him to do and not play unless sure. He has admitted in the past that he hasn't listened to his body and this has led to further injury.
If it is an injury he deserves every chance to keep trying till he decides that he cant play again.

The situation reminds me of LEdley King at spurs...he was constantly injured (also an excellent centre half) but the club managed it for him for years and years......we won't lost anything by doing the same for the next few seasons. We just need another alternative for when he cant play. That should have been sorted out int he summer so we don't have to play the likes of Kolorov ever

Edit: Martinez said he had been fine for 3 days but didnt feel right int he warm up......so no chances taken........Doesnt sound like an injury as such just Kompany listening to his body....there is every chance that his head is not right (understandably)...Id be very interested to know whether it was his calf or his thigh (which was the last operation he had)....that is a huge injury but completely unrelated to the consistent calf problems he has had in the past.......

He should be sent back to the club for assessment but Martinez is saying that he will be assessed the day before the next match (estonia) but doesn't think VK will be able to play.....mixed messages!

Totally disagree, Pep DOES have a decision to make and quick, isn't this the second time this season hes said just before a game that he cant play? Walking off down the tunnel at the end of the Swansea cup game.

He has serious issues with his leg muscles and Pep cant plan round a player who's fitness is up and down on a day to day basis.

As for Kolorov hes doing a decent job in a position that isn't his first choice, what exactly other options do we have for a replacement CB at the club when we need to rotate?

You can get all misty eyed about Vinny all you like but he looks finished, we need to buy a CB and quick.

Get him coaching at the club or an ambassador role, definitely has a future at the club in some capacity.

There are a lot of back street psychiatrists and doctors on here today.

Herbert%20Lom%20%20'The%20Human%20Jungle'%20(1963)%201.9.jpg

Unfortunately I think the time has come to replace King Vinnie.

He has been a great servant but no matter how hard he trys, there's always the mental issue and physical issue of his body no longer coping which is a real shame.

Let's bite the bullet and get Bonucci in the transfer window or more realistically the summer. Give Vinnie a backroom staff job as he fully deserves.

No bigger fan than me of Vinnie but I think his time is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.