Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an idiot. Made his own bed now. We pay his wages and he risks himself like this, thanks vinny but that's enough now

Hope it is this.

Putting club before country is fine by me...and KDB is not eh bench as well so two of our players on internationals are not playing (one not as much as he possibly could) suits me down to the ground.....

He's hardly putting club before country, now is he? He flaunted that idea last year by playing when he shouldn't and he's pulled himself out in the cup game, that was hardly country before club... His body is knackered, the sooner we realise it's not vinny of 2012, the sooner we can let go!!

He's hardly putting club before country, now is he? He flaunted that idea last year by playing when he shouldn't and he's pulled himself out in the cup game, that was hardly country before club... His body is knackered, the sooner we realise it's not vinny of 2012, the sooner we can let go!!

Unlike you to be o negative about something...thought that was my job

Im willing to give the guy as much time as possible and he has pulled out (supposedly) as a precaution - to me that says he is learning from mistakes of the past.

It could be a mental thing as well (as someone else suggested) which in itself brings about different concerns for his future.

I aint righting him off just yet as I think he has earned that patience............something that a lot of football fans don't have I know. Then other reason is that he is still better than any centre havve we have by a long shot.....Stones may get there but as a pure defender he aint close yet.....Ottomendi won't ever be as good even though he is good. And the only other one we have at present is Kolorov and he (imho) is shit whether at fullback or centre half. So yes, it maybe hopeful but I will hang onto that hope as at the present (and at least for he next season) we are better with him.

Im willing to give the guy as much time as possible and he has pulled out (supposedly) as a precaution - to me that says he is learning from mistakes of the past.

It could be a mental thing as well (as someone else suggested) which in itself brings about different concerns for his future.
I agree with this, he's clearly not feeling right whether its mental or physical. That he has pulled himself out of the game (if true) is good in that he hasn't risked further injury, something he promised Pep he would do, its not good because its obviously preying on his mind.

He needs to get his head right, so we need to give him time and help him do that.

It's really impossible for us to judge this from the outside.

We know that in the past Kompany has pushed through all sorts of difficulties to play games when he shouldn't.

Now he's pulled out of 2 because he didn't feel right and come off at half time in the derby but it's impossible for any fan to say if his body is gone, or he's got a mental problem OR he's just doing what Pep has told him to do, what he said he promised to do even though it's unnatural for him and he wants to play.

Until proven otherwise, given his track record of playing though injuries, I think we should just assume that he's being incredibly cautious because that's what he promised the medical staff, to back out even if he wants to play, putting long term fitness ahead of the immediate gain of playing football.

Unlike you to be o negative about something...thought that was my job

I aint righting him off just yet as I think he has earned that patience............something that a lot of football fans don't have I know. Then other reason is that he is still better than any centre havve we have by a long shot.....Stones may get there but as a pure defender he aint close yet.....Ottomendi won't ever be as good even though he is good. And the only other one we have at present is Kolorov and he (imho) is shit whether at fullback or centre half. So yes, it maybe hopeful but I will hang onto that hope as at the present (and at least for he next season) we are better with him.

It's not negativity, it's realism....

This is kicking on for nearly two years now, there's no shame in looking at things sensibly and that would be to look at the facts..

People think you're turning on a player by suggesting his best days are behind him, it's iust some are able to see a little further down the line...

Unfortunately vinny won't be here next year, I'll take anyone's money on it, am I sad at the thought? Absolutely, he's a city legend in my book, however, the club needs to be selfish here and it will be!!!

It's not negativity, it's realism....

This is kicking on for nearly two years now, there's no shame in looking at things sensibly and that would be to look at the facts..

People think you're turning on a player by suggesting his best days are behind him, it's iust some are able to see a little further down the line...

Unfortunately vinny won't be here next year, I'll take anyone's money on it, am I sad at the thought? Absolutely, he's a city legend in my book, however, the club needs to be selfish here and it will be!!!

strange...when I've used that line before I've just been hounded for it but never mind.

Im not actually disagreeing with the possibility that his best days are behind him but in the very near future he is still our best defender and IF we can get him fit and playing then its all the better and Im willing just to wait and see. There are however a few (a small minority) that are just too eager to be be proved right rather than offer support to as you put it an absolute legend.

The club made a mistake in not buying another centre half in the summer transfer window to cover for this..

It's really impossible for us to judge this from the outside.

We know that in the past Kompany has pushed through all sorts of difficulties to play games when he shouldn't.

Now he's pulled out of 2 because he didn't feel right and come off at half time in the derby but it's impossible for any fan to say if his body is gone, or he's got a mental problem OR he's just doing what Pep has told him to do, what he said he promised to do even though it's unnatural for him and he wants to play.

Until proven otherwise, given his track record of playing though injuries, I think we should just assume that he's being incredibly cautious because that's what he promised the medical staff, to back out even if he wants to play, putting long term fitness ahead of the immediate gain of playing football.

thats exactly what I'm hoping...could be wrong and will be sad to be...but I'm hoping and he absolutely deserves every single chance to get himself right....we don't lose anything by it in the end.......

however, the club needs to be selfish here and it will be
I agree, but only if its certain. Lets see how it pans out over the next few months, and if it does seem like the end, I'd still like the club to keep him, doing good for the club, involved with the youngsters for instance, he still has much to offer football in the future, and I'd prefer it was at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.